Chapter 66

My eyes fluttered open as I heard my door slowly unlock behind me. I furrowed my eyebrows as I quickly sat up.

I wanted to wake up in my room at the Vino estate.

I wanted to wake up and see the twins barging through the door just like they always do whenever I oversleep.

I wanted to wake up and see Dante beside me, covering his eyes with his inked hands.

But as my eyes scanned the royal room around me, the more despair I felt at the realization that this wasn't a dream.

I looked up to see an older woman enter the bedroom. Her back was hunched over, her skin sagged and wrinkled. Her long silver hair was tied neatly in a bun, and her maids outfit was ironed and pristine. Her head was low as she stared at the floor while holding a silver tray filled with different kinds of food.

I watched as she quietly entered the room, gently closed the door with her hip, and began slowly walking towards me. With shaky hands, she gently placed the tray beside me before looking up and examining my face. I looked down at her wrists and noticed the purple bruises that stained her pale skin.

"Thank you." I said as I nodded and grabbed the tray, eyeing her carefully. The woman stared at me with a blank expression on her face as she placed her wrists behind her back.

"Thank you."I repeated in Russian, making the woman's eyes go wide in surprise for a moment before she gave me a small nod.

I looked down at the food in front of me, surprised at the variety. There were pancakes, eggs, waffles, fruits, and french toast. Next to the food was OJ, water and milk. In the corner of the tray was a single red rose in a vase of water.

"Did you make all of this?" I asked the woman as I gave her a small smile. She nodded once as her eyes furrowed.

"It looks delicious. Thank you for making my breakfast." I said gently, making her features relax slightly as a small smile came to her lips.

"What's your name?" I asked before I took a bite of the toast in front of me.

She looked at me hesitantly for a moment before she walked over and slowly pointed to the rose in the vase.

"Rose?" I asked, making her nod before smiling.

"It's nice to meet you Rose, my name's Rebel." I said as I held out my hand. A frown came to my face as I noticed that she flinched immediately, closing her eyes as if she was expecting to be hit. I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched her slowly open her eyes and stare at my hand with confusion.

"I'm not going to hurt you." I said softly as I gave her a small smile. Rose slowly raised her hand up, shaking mine as she stared at me.

"He probably wants me downstairs, right?" I asked before grabbing an apple from tray and biting into it.

"When?"I asked as I slipped out of the bed and stretched my legs and walked towards the bathroom. I looked over at Rose, who held up both hands.

"10 minutes?" I asked as I tilted my head, earning a nod from my new friend.

"Got it. Thanks Rose." I said as I gave her a small smile. She smiled as she gave me a small nod, and walked out of the room.

I walked into the lavish bathroom attached to the room and turned on the sink. I ran my hands underneath the cold water before splashing it on my face, allowing the droplets to drip down my bare neck.

I knew that Pavlovski was going to take all of my belongings, in fact, I planned on it. But even though my planning anticipated that he would do this, it did feel strange to have felt the absence of the heavy metal on my skin.