Chapter 32

** REBEL SIMMONS POV **

Mom, now isn't the time for that!

I just can't help myself, okay?

Oh my god, oh my god, she's going to die isn't she? Then I'll have two ghost haunting my fucking room. 

Mom, seriously?! 

She needs a hospital, NOW!

It's too far, we won't make it in time!

... Voices?

I winced as I shifted over to my side and pain shot up my entire arm.

Shhh! She's waking up!

My eyes fluttered open to see a very worried Florence, Giana, Harry, Natalia, Isa, and Angelo hovering over me. I looked around to see that I was laying in the Vino living room. There was a large, thick blanket under me as I laid on the couch. 

I looked down at my clothing. I was still wearing the white v-neck crop top and my black ripped jeans. I looked up to see Natalia holding my jacket, and Florence holding my shoes. I glanced at my arm, and cringed slightly as I saw the bullet wound. It looked like the bullet was a few centimetres away from hitting anything vital, yet the bullet was lodged deep in the skin of my tricep.

"For fucks sake, give her some space." Dante's angry voice boomed through the house as he entered the living room holding a tray of medical equipment. His family quickly backed away from me. He was still wearing his dress pants, and his white button up shirt was folding up to his elbows. His dirty blonde hair was messy, as if he has been running his hand through it all night.

"It's fine, really. It's just a scratch." I said smiling at them in an attempt of reassurance.

"Oh honey, we were so worried about you. Thank god you're alright. Do you need anything?" Giana asked frantically as she grabbed my hand.

"Yes, she needs some space." Dante growled at her as he placed the tray down on the coffee table.

"What happened?" Florence asked in a worried tone as she hugged Angelo.

"We were attacked at L'Americano. We were surrounded, but killed all of them." Isa explained calmly.

"Who was behind the attack?" Florence asked nervously.

"We aren't sure..." Natalia said as she looked down. "We have men there now gathering all the evidence we can."

"Russians. They were Russian." I said as I attempted to sit up. Dante quickly rushed over and put his hand on my back, helping me to sit upright.

"Are you sure?" Dante asked as he looked me in the eyes.

"They had tattoos of quotes on their necks that were written in Russian." I explained. Dante nodded and pulled up a chair next to me.

"Do you remember what they said?" Dante asked, still softly holding onto my back. I closed my eyes, grateful for my photographic memory.

"Six of the shooters had 'Death before Dishonor' while two had ... 'The Shadows' on their necks." Dante's jaw clenched at the mention of the last two, and a few gasps from Florence and Giana were heard.

"Assassins? In Italy?" Angelo whispered to himself.

"We will discuss this later. Increase security. No one is leaving the mansion this week." Dante said sternly as he let go of my back to face his family. Angelo nodded before he quickly walked away, obeying his orders. Harry held Giana as a scared expression morphed onto her face.