Chapter 27

** REBEL SIMMONS POV **

Two weeks.

Two fucking weeks since I felt a slight sting of disappointment realizing that my bed was empty, a tantalizing musky scent left of the sheets. At first, his rejection was unsettling, but that unease gradually turned into resentment with a sprinkle of hatred as the days passed by. The most interaction between us being the awkward glances shared across the dining table.

The twins knew about my little excursion with their older brother. They locked me in my room for 7 hours until I told them what happened. Natalia and Isa were shocked by their brother's behavior, yet were furious at him for avoiding me.

I had the same mundane routine everyday:

Wake up. Shower. Eat. Talk to my mom. Attempt to recover the Russian members data from his phone. Either watch a movie with the twins or hang out in the recreation rooms. Awkwardly eat dinner with the family. Work on my Dodge Demon. Sleep. Repeat.

It was the 21st of December. Almost a month since I've arrived in Italy. Giana and Florence were insisting that I stay for Christmas Eve, so I booked my plane tickets to leave late in the evening on the 24th to return to Seattle.

I stared at the burner phone from the Russian member as I pulled my hair in frustration. My cheeks flushed at the memories that flooded my mind of that night two weeks ago. I quickly pushed them to the back of my mind and focused on the task at hand.

There was a rhythmic knock on my door. I walked over, grateful that Dante finally gave up on upgrading the locks. I unlocked the door and swung it open to reveal the twins, who held nervous expressions on their faces.

"Hey, Rebel." Natalia said nervously as she scratched the back of her neck.

"Yes." I said, skeptically raising my eyebrow at the two.

"We feel bad for asking, but Dante is literally losing his mind trying to interrogate the Russian member. It's been almost a month, and none of us were able to get any information from him." Isa said as she looked down at her socks.

"We were wondering if you could.. um.. try interrogating him." Natalia mumbled.

"Sure." I said in a dull tone, feeling annoyed from hearing their older brothers name.

"Really?!" The twins cheered in unison as they looked at me astonished.

"Yeah, why not." I said shrugging. Might as well blow off some anger from the past two weeks. I know it probably isn't the healthiest way to deal with my anger, but at this point I could really care less about living virtuously.

They grabbed my hands and pulled me down the hallway towards the garage.

"You're driving." Isa smirked as we got into my Dodge Demon. The engine roared to life, the sound momentarily deafening.

I peeled out of the driveway and drifted the corner, causing the twins to yell in excitement. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as we sped the entire way to the warehouse, eventually coming to a stop in front of the barren building.

"So, have you ever interrogated someone before?" Isa asked as we exited the car.

"Nope. Any pointers?" I said in a bored tone as I locked my car and shoved the keys in my pocket. 

"This Russian member is name Skinkoli. He's ruthless, and has a long track record of rape, murder, abduction, he's practically the spawn of Satan himself. They call him The Skinner, because he skins his victims alive." Natalia explained as we entered the warehouse.