Chapter 10

[SM High]

The news about the EXO Queenkas in SM High spread like wildfire. Everyone was now aware of the lovers of the EXO Kingkas. Though many may be supportive of the newly introduced relationships, others also hate the idea of it (aka crazy fangirls). In addition, the revelation of Jin's incident has resulted in the Kingkas being a little overprotective...

"Yoongi ah is it really necessary for you guys to follow us around everywhere?" Minseok complained in frustration as they headed towards the cafeteria.

The Kingkas insisted that at least one of them will be by the Queenkas' sides at all times during school time. Though the Queenkas appreciated their boyfriends' efforts, the company of the Kingkas has denied the Queenkas opportunities to make new friends. The students were just too afraid of the intimidating Kingkas.

"Of course it is, what happens if we step away and some people try to mess with you guys?" Yoongi justified.

"Why would they? The whole school already knows about our relationships with your guys! They won't dare to do anything to us!" Luhan countered, pointing at the necklace around his neck.

[A/N: the necklace is like a symbol of the relationship between a Kingka and their Queenka. For example, Jimin's necklace would say "EXO Yoongi + Jimin". So it's basically EXO + their names. In comparison, the Kingkas would wear rings with the same things stated on them]

"It's not that simple Lu! Not everyone will back off just because they know you're with us!!" Junmyeon decided to step it.

"Ok! I know that you're just trying to protect us, but can't you guys see that we aren't making any friends here because you boys are always around us?" Jin retorted.

"It's for your own good! Why can't you guys understand?! This place is not Bighit High! The people here are not as kind as they seem! Don't be naive!" Kris snapped while staring straight at Jin.

"You're saying I can't protect myself?" Jin whispered, voice quavering after each word.

"Isn't that why you moved here in the first place?!" Kris hissed, completely losing control of his rationale.

"Woah woah, calm down, no need to get into an argument" Junmyeon tried to lower the tension in the air.

Kris' comment made the Queenkas freeze in their spot. Without a word, Jin turned around and started walking away from the group.

"Thanks a lot Kris! He's been trying to get over that and here you are, digging up old wounds. Such a great friend aren't you?!" Luhan screamed sarcastically as he went after Jin.

The Kingkas who were confused at Luhan's words, looked at Minseok for answers.

"Ever since that incident in Bighit high, Jin has always blamed himself for being too weak. He thinks that that's why he almost got raped. He started developing an insecurity and hatred towards himself for being unable to fend for himself. For so many months, we've tried to tell him that he shouldn't hate himself for that. And recently, he seemed to have forgotten his self perceived weakness. But thanks to Mr Wu over there, I think that's coming back to him." Minseok explained, then proceeding to look for his two friends, "don't follow us. Just give us some time... please" Minseok sighed before leaving.

"I'm an asshole aren't I? I shouldn't have said that! I regret everything I said arghhhhh" Kris rubbed his face in frustration.

"Let's just head to the cafeteria for now, give them some time alone" Yoongi suggested. Kris and Junmyeon followed Yoongi's command, silence engulfing them as they walked ahead.
—————————————————————
Jin's POV