If you are to be the death of me

If you're going to be the death of me that's how I want to go.
Visions of an impending war is what brought me back. A war that most would not survive.  The Society, wanted me to go back to my town to recruit my love for their war. I wasn't sure if that's what either of us wanted.
It was odd being back. Daunting, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up as I trekked through the dense forest on my way to the base of the Jabari mountain. The mouth of Hanuman looked the same as always teasing me, as if nothing had changed.
Wrong. Everything had changed.
I heard the steps of the warriors as they approached me. I held my hands up in an act of surrender. I felt a spear push gently into my back, warning me not to make any sudden moves.
"Identify yourself." The words were mumbled, but they came from the masked man to the right of me. I glanced around slowly, noting that there were only 3 of them. I could easily fight my way out if need be. I smirked at the thought.
"Ndiyi-Semira yesizwe sakwaJabari" (I am Semira of the Jabari tribe.) I pulled down my bottom lip to emphasize my truth. The men surrounding me paused in surprise. No one ever expected me to return.
"Masihambe." (Lets go) the warrior to my right spoke. I began to walk forward when I felt the spear dig into my back for a second time. I heard rustling and knew what came next, the bag. It went over my head quickly cutting of my vision of the entrance to the Jabari palace. It didn't matter, I knew my way, with or without my eyes.
Once we arrived they placed me in a holding cell and gave me a bowl of water. They must think I'm a dog I thought to myself as I drank greedily.
I wasn't in the cell for more than an hour when I heard his voice. The voice that caused me to flee my village, the same one that made me want to stay.
"Where is she?!" Mbaku barked. Not literally because he has a tendency to do that too. He rounded the corner and my heart stopped when his eyes landed on me. He squinted as if he was surprised and lost to the idea that I was really here. As if his warriors had lied to him about me.
"What are you doing here?" He stopped in front of my cell, visibly tense. I stared at him admiring his growth. When I left three years ago, he was having trouble adjusting to his new role as Chief. Now I could see that he wore the title with great pride, and his followers truly believed in him. I always knew he could do it.
"WENZANTONI APHA? SEMIRA!" He repeated the question again in our native tongue. His body jumped in tandem with his words. I jumped back at his tone. He never yelled at me. I was his queen.
"I've missed you, my king." I stared at him with longing filling my body. I reached through the bars in hopes to touch him. To pull him close to me, I dreamt of having his body near mine for the past three years. His warriors pulled out their spears in defense. Mbaku raised his hands to calm them.
He stared at my hand, his face stoic. No emotions flitted across his features. He then quietly walked out of the hall that my cell was in. His warriors followed him silently.
I pulled my empty hand back into my cell and slumped against the wall.
I thought about mission, what I was here to do. The Society needed me. Needed US to fight, to die. But I need my sanity. I wasn't sure if I was strong enough. I had to ask him. I could only hope he would return.
A few days later, he did. I rose from my seat. Depression had found a home in me, true loneliness was never something I could bare. With a pile of fresh clothes and a gourd dripping with fresh water. Silently he handed me both.  I greedily drank the water. Then cleaned myself with the rest. I changed into the clean tribal clothes without shame. I always knew Mbaku loved my body. After I pulled on the dress I soon realized it were mine. I stared at him in amazement.
"I always hoped you would come back. I never thought it would take this long." He unlocked my cell and began to walk away. I quickly followed after him like a lost puppy.
"Mba-" He cut me off.
"Do not say my name!" He huffed down at me. I tensed in response to his cold eyes. "I've waited three years to hear your voice speak my name again. I don't want to hear it in the form of a sorry apology."
"I never meant to hurt you my love." My hand hesitantly reached up to cup his face. I only rested it there when I saw no movement to stop me.
"Then why did you leave. You were my life, my love, my queen. And you left me." His words were biting at me.
"I'm not fit to be queen. We both know that." I spoke the truth. He stepped back from my touch.
"I know no such thing." He continued his trek out of his holding cells and up to his throne room. His body deliciously filled out the space in that great chair.
"Please understand my love. I never stopped loving you." He snorted at my confession. I stepped closer to him. "I want you more than I want my next breath of air. That's why I've come to ask for your forgiveness. I need you. I always have." Another step closer. His eyes opened wide fury and accusations filled them.
"You don't think I've needed you!!" His body tense with anger. "Three years I waited. Three years I slept alone. Three years ruling our people without your guidance. Four years MARRIED to you, and only spent one with you. Three years the idea of you killed me. I knew you were real yet I couldn't touch you. How could you?" Tears filled both our eyes.
My breath hitched as I crossed the rest of the room quickly and climbed his lap. I straddled him. Taking his face into mine I kissed him deeply. Passion, anger, and lust fought for domination in the kiss. I rested my forehead against his.
"I cannot imagine the pain that I have caused." I pecked his lips again. "I would gladly die before I lost you again. Give me a chance to make it up to you." A small smile graced my lips when I saw the light of forgiveness in his eyes.
"Oh, I know of one way you could make it up to me." His smirk devilish and lustful. But his eyes held love. No matter how many years we spent apart, we would always find each other.
We spent the next few weeks wrapped into our own world. No meetings, no elders, no King T'Challa. Just my king and I. He showed me the new parts of the castle that I hadn't seen before including his garden.
We walked around the outdoor space. He showed me where the squash, carrots, healing plant, and sleeping herb was planted. I took a mental note of the last one. Just a bit of it and the night would roll by. Too much of it and many nights would roll by.
"I'll cook for you again one day my queen." I smiled at him with pure happiness etched on my face, as I watched him passionately explain the different areas of his garden. He joked about being a vegetarian.
One night while Mbaku was in the shower. I sat in our large bed on top of all the sheets and blankets and mulled over The Society's plan. Biting my fingernails, anxiety became overwhelming. Still unsure if I could go through with it. Did we want to fight this war? We could run away together. Does the world really need us? The visions of the future were becoming too much for me. It always ended a certain way. I couldn't be without him again.
I was ripped from my thoughts when I felt my leg being grabbed and I was dragged to the end of the bed. Mbaku kneeled in front of me, his eyes solely on his prize.
"My love you seem..." He pushed up my sleep dress and slid a finger over my already wet slit. "Distracted." His teasing smile sat proudly on his face while he stared at my or rather his rose.
"Just thinking about all the work we ne-" I cut myself off with a loud moan. His tongue had found its meal for the night. Immediately I began to pull away from the Chief's face. This was my bodies first reaction to the intruder, the next was to arch my back off the bed. A whimper escaped my lips as I felt him hold me tighter and continue his assault on my pussy. He ate as if he had been starved for weeks. As if this would be the last time he could ever have me again. As if someone were denying him his favorite meal.
"Mmmhm yes my love. Yeesss." I hummed out to him. His tongue pressed against me in rebellion of my pleas' for mercy. When I was close to erupting he pulled away. Silencing my complaints with his lips. His beard dripping with my essence. I felt him line up with me and begin to push in slowly. I cried out in pain and pleasure. He stretched me like no other could even imagine.
"Mbaku. yes." I shook under him. His lips found the weak spot on my neck. Sucking hard, he left bruising love marks up and down my body. His strokes never faltering.
"Mmmh. My queen. It's been too long. Must you stay so wet?" He groaned into my ear. He filled me so good, my mind could think of nothing else.
"Only for you my king." I purred into his ear, biting softly on his ear and the skin just below it. He became rougher with his thrust. I tried to match them, which only made the euphoria better.
"Mbaku, No more." I tried to tap out. Not sure how much more I could take.
"Semira. You can take me. You did before, years ago. Night after night after night after night. You are a strong warrior. Surely you are capable of taking me." He made a point to slam into me emphasizing the end of each word. We climbed closer and higher to our climax, my hands scratching at his back in pure ecstasy. How was I ever able to leave this? Would I be able to leave him again, if he didn't want to join me?
We came undone together. We reached the stars together. Feeling him fill me up in another way almost had me break again. I shuddered underneath him as I felt the last of his thrust into me. He rolled off of me and pecked my lips before he began to clean us up.
Once the sheets and us were clean we laid in bed and faced each other. I smiled as I mesmerized every nook and scar on his face. Tracing the battle scars that adorned his body. He his eyes were closed and pulled me closer in response.
"I hope you are no longer distracted my queen." His snores filled the air shortly after. No longer distracted, I knew what had to be done.
The next morning I made breakfast. For the both of us. Foods fresh out of his beautiful garden. I hesitated before making the fresh pressed juice from the fruits outside. But I completed the job, certain of my choice. I drank a cup of the juice before walking back to our bedroom. I walked into the bedroom where he sat against the headboard, reading the Wakanda news.
"My love I have prepared breakfast for us." I smiled as I handed the tray for him to hold and climbed into the bed. He sat the tray in front of us and we ate the food saving the juice for last.
"Semira. Breakfast was wonderful. I'm grateful to have you back in my life. Ndiyakuthanda. I love you. Do you understand that?" I nodded at him. He seemed desperate. "You are my moon and my sun. I want you more than I want my next breath. I would gladly die before I lost you again." He quoted me from all those weeks ago. I smiled and kissed him. Feeling uncertain of the choice I made. I went to grab the tray.
"Wait I have not tried your fresh juice." He grabbed it off the tray and quickly downed it. My voice came out in a quick shout.
"No!" I cried. I was wrong. The Society was wrong.
"This war is not ours to fight. Let us be together as we were always meant to be."
He smiled and caressed my chin pulling me in for one last kiss. 
In that moment I realized he knew. He always knew. The juice fresh on his lips, there was more than enough to turn the kiss sickly sweet. Wetness hit our lips and I realized we were both crying. We both had enough, I could feel it. His smiled peacefully. I kissed him again desperate to share the pain. Our pain.
"Oh my queen. If you're going to be the death of me that's how I want to go."