The Bookstore Pt. 5

Erik wandered down the dirt road, he wiped the sweat from his brow and took a swig from the warm flask he held in his hand.

Saloons and stores to the right and left of him, slammed their doors closed scared at the sight of him.

Erik smirked at the thought of a damn wooden door being able to stop him and his uncontrollable hunger. His fangs slid into place at the sight of a white woman loading up her horse, preparing to head home. He smiled as he realized that she didn't hold the same fear as the rest of them.

"You need some help Miss?" Erik threw on a fake southern accent to help further his cause. The white woman looked at him in fear. Of course a free black man in the southern confederate, was something to be afraid of.

He smiled as he took a look into one of her saddled bags. He threw out the things he didn't want, like her new comb or fresh loaf of bread. His smile deepened when he ran across a fresh slab of steak.

"Mind if I keep this?" His voice soothing, though it did nothing to calm his next victim. The woman shook her head slowly, wary of the black man who felt so bold to treat her like this in public.

"Thanks. Now there is something else I need from you. " Erik felt his eyes shift the blood pulsed around his eyes darkening he knew his eyes turned red by the frightened look on the women's face.

"I hate screaming so please don't-" Erik was cut off by an ear piercing scream that left the woman's throat. Erik rolled his eyes at the woman's feeble attempt at survival. He placed a hand over the woman's mouth, and sunk his teeth into her throat. The more he drank the quieter the woman became. Her thrashing died down as he gripped her tighter, his thirst over taking him.

Normally he wouldn't do this in broad daylight but, he was thirsty and this woman's screaming would have cause more trouble than necessary. Once Erik had his fill he dropped the lady to the ground. He stared at her cocking his head to the side, contemplating if she was dead or not. When her chest rose and fell, Erik took her horse satisfied with the groceries that she brought.

Erik climbed on the horse and headed back out of town towards the hills where he stayed in the edge of the woods. He entered his cabin and ripped into his fresh meat with a vengeance.

"You're getting reckless now." Erik glanced at the corner of his cabin. He raised his eyebrow, in curiosity.

"Ain't seen you in a minute." He stepped towards the beautiful brown woman.

"Uh uh. Should you really be feeding in broad daylight? They'll find you." She took a seat on his makeshift bed.

"As you can see. I don't care. Vee can find me if he wants to. I'll kill him like I should have years ago."

"You don't mean that." She spoke lightly her deep brown eyes caught the light coming through the back window. He stared at her in awe and cocked his head to the side. Confusion began to cloud his mind.

"Moira. What are you doing here." The gorgeous woman smiled wickedly at him, her full set of teeth on display.

Moira the wickedly beautiful, as she was known back in Wakanda the place of his death, stood up and stalked toward the defensive vampire.

Her long fingernails were painted a deep red and her hair was loc'ed and hung in two ponytails past her waist. Her nipples were pierced now and he could see then hardening as she approached him. Gold Earrings littered her left earlobe, she was a beautiful brown goddess, and a powerful witch.

Erik knew not to get to close to her, but a few hundred years ago he'd gotten too close to her, despite everyone's warnings.

Moira isn't the one who turned him, but she had a hand in it. He befriended her after he'd taken his rightful title as prince of Wakanda. Turns out it's easy to change someone into a Vampire once they've already died once.