Those Fingers Pt. 2

After that day in the lab, you'd taken any measures necessary to not run into the king. Embarrassment and heat flooded your mind and body whenever flashes of the scene that had taken place between you and T'Challa came to mind.

Right now you were back home sitting in on a resource meeting with your brother M'Baku.

"We need to be open to trading with the other tribes. We've come this far with joining Wakanda, we might as well help our people at the same time." You made eye contact with the other officials at the table.

"I agree with my sister, in order to strive as a people we must be willing to expand our resources, and the best way to do that is to participate in training." M'Baku backed you up. The conversations continued, until a solid plan was put in place to create policies for trading. Everyone began gathering their things to leave the table, you did as well.

"Sister, stay back I need to speak with you." You smiled and shook hands with the other officials leaving. You looked towards M'Baku waiting patiently once the room was cleared.

"Yes brother?" You asked.

"T'Challa has asked that you return to the palace to complete some projects with Shuri before he leaves for a mission." M'Baku delivered the news. Your heart beating rapidly in your chest, while your face gave nothing away of your discomfort.

"I was with Shuri just last week, we finished everything." You replied calmly. You only went to the main palace last week because you knew he would be out of the country.

"Yes, he mentioned that. But Shuri said that there were problems that came up that she needs your help with." M'Baku looked at you expectantly.

"What?!" You exclaimed. His stare was annoying.

"You've been avoiding the palace, sister. Has anything happened?" He stared at you with a sense of protection. Images of what transpired that day flashed through your head.

"No." You glared at him, daring him to continue the questioning. "When am I expected?"

"T'Challa will be here tomorrow to escort you." Your face blanched.

"Now I'm being escorted by kings, why can't my normal guards take me?" Your voice became shrill.

"He already needed to come for his monthly visits with the smaller villages. He offered and it made sense. Why send guards down with you when you can go back with him and his guards." M'Baku sighed as he regarded you silently. "I can tell him you cannot make it."

"No!" You almost shout. M'Baku looks at you with surprise and confusion. Though you avoided T'Challa, you did want to see him, and his hands. "I'll go."

****

Your journey from the mountains to the mainlands was not at all pleasant. Though your body was thrilled to be next to the king, your mind could not contain itself. Your eyes drifted to his delicate fingers when you felt he was not looking. A small smirk played on his lips the entire time. His dark eyes bore into the side of your head the entire trek back.

"Damn, can I have my face back nigga?" You curtly replied. His face jumped in surprise. He paused his walking as you neared the palace, then started back up again nodding his head slightly.

"You've been spending time with N'jadaka, I see." Erik had survived their fight, by the hands of T'Challa alone. The king refused to follow the steps of his father and worked out an agreement with his cousin. Erik was now one of T'Challa most trusted advisors.

You ignored his statement. As the two of you neared the palace You quickly left him and walked towards the lab to meet up with Shuri. Before You could make it to the lab doors You felt a hand wrap around your wrist and yank back.