The Bookstore Pt. 2

You woke up with a start. You skin cold and sweaty. Your heart beating out of your chest. A scream bubbled up, trying to force its way out. You quickly covered your mouth to muffle it.

After a few moments of freaking out, you look around the the space you're in. And feel a sense of relief when you notice you're back in your apartment in your bed.

It was a dream. Thank heavens it was a dream. You moved your hand to your chest in an attempt to calm your heart. You threw the blanket off your bed and made your way to the bathroom. You took hopped into the shower and began to wash off when you felt a crick in your neck.

You rolled your neck out and continued on once it felt better. You were lathering up your washcloth when flashes of your nightmare began to flood your thoughts.

The strangers blood red eyes in your thoughts caused you to drop your wash cloth. The name Erik ran through your mind on a loop.

Tears crowned your eyes and the crick in your neck returned. You ran your hand over the sore spot on your neck. And what you felt had you dropping to your knees. A sob escaped your throat, realization ripped through you.

You rushed out of the shower to get a look at your neck in the mirror.

Hickies and bite marks covered your neck. Unhealed bite marks that still needed to have the dried blood scrubbed from them.

The tears really flowed now. Whimpers filled the bathroom. Memories coming in flashes.

"Damn you thick shorty." A deep voice came from your bathroom door. A high pitched shriek left your mouth.

You backed up in horror grabbing the closest towel to cover yourself. You looked around for an escape route. Your heart sank when you saw there was none.

"How... how did you get in here?" You asked, you refused to look at that handsome face. The same face that could induce the worst nightmares. You saw him shrug out of your peripheral "Get out, please." Your voice was weak. You continued to avoid eye contact.

"Look at me." He demanded. You slowly brought your head up to look the stranger in his eyes.

He stared at you intensely. His eyes a deep brown color, no fangs were present from what you could see. You gripped the towel tightly.

"I asked you to leave." Your voice stronger than before.

He chuckled lowly and took a few steps toward you. You backed up into your toilet room door.

"I'll scream." You threaten.

"And I'll rip your throat out. See if I care." He responded causally. An evil smile showcased his gold caps. "With no regrets."

"Please." You beg, your voice barely above a whisper. His hand slid around your throat, his eyes admiring the bruises that he placed there.

"Please what?" He bent his head down to lick along your throat. "Bet you don't even know what you begging for."

"My life." You stated firmly.

"Ahhh..." He clicked his teeth as he considered you quietly. "Well, don't worry. I'm not going to kill you." Relief flooded your veins and you almost smiled in response. He nipped at your neck then pulled his head back to look into your eyes.

"At least not yet." His pupils seemed to fill with blood as the veins around his eyes grew more prominent. His gold fangs gently bit his bottom lip.

"Look. I need you to hold on to something for me." He took his gold chain that had the letter E and two rings hanging from it and clipped it around your neck.

"Don't ever take it off. Don't let nobody have it. It's yours." You scrunched your face up in confusion.

"Why?"

"You ask a lot of questions, shorty." His hand ran up the side of your thigh. You clenched the towel around you tighter and shivered back in fear.

"You scared of me, baby?" He asked quietly, his eyes floated over your body. He bent down to your neck again fangs grazing the skin. He bite down and drank. Your legs almost gave out at the euphoric feeling. There was no pain like the last time only a tingling feeling deep down.

"I don't know you." You stated quickly. Your heart beat loudly, the pulse in throats enticing him.

"You gonna get to know me though. So next." He prompted another excuse. His hand gently rubbed the side of your waist, gripping you and pulling you tighter.

"You're a monster." You could feel his lips smile at that statement.

"Debatable."