6 Days

Vampire!Erik

Erik's eyes glazed over as he watched you stir the pot.

"What did you say Lia?" He asked you to repeat the request you asked of him.

"I said if you know how to turn me into a vampire, would you do it? Cause I'm just getting older and older and you still look like you?" You smiled at him then returned to the task at hand. "I mean right now I'm just like temporary and you're permanent." You heard Erik get up from his seat and walk out of the kitchen.

You wiped your hands off and went to follow him. You found him putting on his shoes and grabbing his keys.

"Babe where you going? Dinners almost ready." You wrapped your hands around his thick arm to hold onto him. Yeah you could be clingy, but Erik told you he didn't mind. In fact he liked it. He said it made him feel wanted.

Erik looked down at you, he grasped your chin between his fingers and pressed his lips into yours repeatedly. You tried to deepen the kiss but he wouldn't let you.

He pulled away from you completely and walked out the door without one word.

******

For the next six days you couldn't eat or do anything except for sleep the time away. You were miserable. Work and sleep were the only things that kept you distracted.

Erik wasn't much better. He spent more of his time in the dark basement of his cousins current home. His mind ran in circles he couldn't understand how someone so full of life would so quickly give that up just for him. It didn't make sense.

He didn't eat or drink anything. He just sat in silence letting the thoughts of you and everything about you consume him.

He didn't really speak to anyone until Shuri began bugging him about leaving the house. And for paying for the multitude of vases and glasses he broke in his first night at home after leaving you.

*****

"She asked me to turn her!!" Erik yelled at his younger cousin Shuri.

"So you left her?" Shuri looked at her cousin in confusion.

"Who left who?" T'Challa walked into the room and smiled at his sister and dapped up his cousin.

"Erik left Lia 6 days ago when she asked if he would change her." Shuri responded while still focused on the computer in front of her.

"I ain't leave her." Erik respond despondently.

"Oh yeah? You have not called her or gone to 'check in' on her in three days. If you did not leave her what are you doing here now?" Shuri arched an eyebrow at her cousin.

"That does sound like someone is being left behind cousin." T'Challa spoke up. "You haven't spent this much time with us in 200 years."

"You make it sound like a bad thing. Imma go back... I think. I just. I can't turn her. I mean eventually I may do that. Cause I don't want to lose her. But the idea of having to kill her or her being dead in the first place is a no go for me. No matter how short of a time she may be dead. Then there's the potential issue of the change not working for her."

"I know what you mean. But with the way you are around Lia, your gonna be more mad about the fact that you didn't change her and your still here 500 years later. And we really don't want to see you sitting around here moping for the next 500 years until you find someone else." T'Challa spoke from experience.

"I'm not you T. Believe me when I saw I don't know how you do that shit." Erik kissed his teeth and stood up. "And there is no one else." He muttered.

"I don't think that I can even think about turning her right now. But I can't be away from her anymore. Ya boy thirsty af." Erik winked at his cousins and headed out the door.

*****

It was night time when Erik banged on the front door of your apartment, before he remembered her had the key.

He walked into you bedroom after he took off his shoes. He saw you sleeping in the bed restlessly. The sheets thrown off and you were mumbling in your sleep.

He took of his shirt and jeans leaving him in just his boxers and slid into bed with you. Pulling the covers over your bodies. You immediately curled into him and let out a sigh of relief. You didn't dare bring it up, instead you wrapped your arms around him tightly and pulled his face down to kiss him hungrily.

"You thirsty?" You asked him. He nodded against your lips.

You opened your neck up for him to take a bite at his favorite spot.

"I'll never leave you again." He whispered against your warm skin before he began to drank. He knew you didn't hear him. And apart of him didn't want you to.

A wet tear hit his cheek as he drank from you. He pulled you closer and made a silent promise to himself