Only Us pt. 1

I may or may not have just witnessed a ballet concert in the mall....
Also I was REALLY drowsy while writing this so...

In a medium-sized building, clapping and music could be heard.
The occasional "one, two three"s echoing throughout the entire place as students gracefully follow their teachers steps.

It was a ballet studio.

It wasn't very large or that fancy, but it was one of the most suggested and advised compounds to attend. Thus, Thomas Thompson's mother enrolled him for lessons every Monday to Friday after his afternoon classes. Tom didn't mind, in fact he quite enjoyed it.
He always looked forward to having another session the following day as it seemed to be a stress-reliever for him; from school, from his bullies, from his History Teacher, from his homework, from his Performance tasks and projects, etc.
The downside of attending every day except for on Weekends is that he couldn't spend time with his friends as much as he wanted to.
The four of them would usually run off to the near by forest beside their school and stay by the small pond till dusk. That was before he was enrolled.

Why had his mother enrolled him? He wasn't sure. He didn't care anyway.
As long as he enjoyed his stay, he was fine with it.

Tom was having his lesson with his teacher, Ms. Lin.
From the very first day Tom started, she tutored him until he advanced to one of the highest levels in ballet. (I don't even know if that makes sense, I don't learn ballet)

"Alright Thomas, great work today! It seems you have progressed throughout the months we've been together." The middle-aged woman said.
Tom smiled. "I wouldn't have been able to do it without you, Ms. Lin, I thank you."
"No problem, now go get changed- your mother is waiting for you outside."
Tom bid his tutor farewell, changed into his casual clothing and went out to see his mother in the car waving at him. Tom got in the car and slouched onto the chair; exhausted from the activities he had done throughout the entire day.

Have I forgotten to mention that Tom was in his Sophomore year?

"So Hun," his mother started. "How was your day today?"
He looked up to face his mother's black eyes. "The same. Except I have a Science project and with a partner."
"And who would this partner be?" She asked him.
Tom sighed. "Tord."

Now, Tom's relationship with Tord was... Confusing...
Most of the time, he'd hate him and most times he'd just... Admire Tord from afar. His facial features, his hair, his eyes, his accent, Tom would often stare at him and mentally take notes.
He wasn't completely sure as to how he felt.

"Huh." That was the only reply he received from his mom.
They reached home after a few minutes. "Thomas dear, Would you mind helping me with dinner today?" His mother asked him. She appeared to be fatigued from all he work she had been doing. You see, Thomas' mother had multiple jobs. She'd only be available to bring him to his ballet lessons, pick him up, eat dinner, sleep for two to three hours and up for another shift.
Tom was concerned for her, this wasn't healthy. But she would always tell him "It's fine, it's for our own sake anyway."

He wasn't going to accept that reason.
But his mother was quite stubborn. Maybe that's where he received his stubbornness from; his mother.