Lullabies

So... This is just my little head series. I have the knack to stare into space while not knowing what's going on in my surroundings so... I have really weird sense of imagination. Heads up, my OC will be in here because... It was part of the thought... Ehhh-

-------------------------------------

It had been a year. A year since Tom went missing when suddenly he came back. He wasn't alone, though, as he had brought with him a.... A child...?

Tord thought to himself. A year ago, Tom decided to run away with no means of contacting him. But now that he's returned, he seemed... Different.
Who brings a child back home after being gone for like, a year?

"He must've had fun with some lady and got her pregnant." Tord muttered to himself.
Yet, Tom didn't seem to take the "father" role which confused Tord.
Or is it that it was his first time seeing his roommate care for a child, specifically 3-months old?

It was dead in the night when he was contemplating things.
He couldn't sleep because of it.
Another thing that bothered him was that Tom had three jobs. Three jobs? Since when?? He'd usually come back late or really early in the morning- which is still pretty late- leaving the little babe at the house for them to supposedly "take care" of while he was away.

Actually, Lazi, another person who was their roommate even before Tom left, did most of the work.
(She's not that important)

Just then, a cry could be heard from the other room. It was really loud, it could wake the moon.
The baby cried for comfort. Something Tord couldn't really give, honestly. Yet there he was, trudging out his room and entering the other only to find that his other two roommates, Edward and Matthew, have already gotten there first; struggling to calm the babe down.

Edd was he first to notice him.
"Oh, hey Tord... You got up too...?" He cradled the child in his arms but it still didn't seem to work.

"Shh, hey, don't cry! We're here!" Matt tried to cheer the child up by doing little hand gestures and peek-a-boos but that didn't work.

Edd gave the child to Tord. "Here!"

"What?! Why me? I don't know anything about children!"

"Well you know something about sex."

"Why can't we let Tom do this? He brought this child home!"

"You guys." Matt spoke. "Why don't we ask Lazi? She's the only female in this house, maybe she can do something about this."

"Matt, that's a bit sexist-"

"What's going on?"

All three of them turned their heads toward the door. Lo and behold, there stood Tom. He looked fatigued yet more of the concerned emotion showed. Tord heaved a somewhat sigh of relief.

"Oh! Tom! You're home... Uh, best leave this to us and get some rest-"

Tom paid no attention to Edd and walked past him. He went over to Tord and took the child from him. Tom cradled the child as he shushed the boy in his arms.

"Shh, Simon... Hey... It's okay... I'm here." Tom cooed soothingly. The babe quieted down a little, but not enough to stop the whimpering. The baby sniffed, still not being able to sleep.
Tom continued to rock the child and unconsciously began to sing.

"Hush now, my baby. Be still now, don't cry...
Sleep as you're rocked by the stream..."

The three looked at their friend in awe.

"... Sleep and remember my last lullaby,
So I'll be with you when you dream..."

Tom smiled at the sight of the child sleeping soundly. A sigh of content left him as he cradled Simon longer while humming the tune; gently swaying and spinning around, but not hard enough to wake the baby.
He placed the child back in the crib, leaving a small peck on his forehead.
Everything was suddenly silent. Calm, even.
Tom held the child's hand in his own. He wouldn't dare let go. Not ever. He never told his roommates what had happened, he never told them why he had brought home a child, he never told them that he bore the child in the first place.

It would raise many questions he wouldn't want to answer.

He ran away because of a few reasons. Mainly fear. The incident stuck in his head as it replayed the night he was out. At a bar... With a guy-

"What happened while I was away?" Tom turned to face the three still standing there; shock written on all their faces.

Edd spoke up. "Nothing, really... He just began to cry all of a sudden."

Tom nodded before leaving the room and entering into his own leaving the rest of his friends to ponder what had happened.
He couldn't stay attached, not when his time with his son was running out.
The father would soon come around when Simon was older and take the child away from him.
This wasn't part of his plan.
None of it was part of his plan.
But because his drunk self was so gullible and naive- he showed vulnerability to-

Drip Drip

Tear stains on the carpet.
He was crying again. Every night he would weep.
He was scared. For the first time in years, he was scared.
But what could he do?

Okay...

From a scale of 1 to 10, how cringy do I write?

From a scale of 1 to 10, how cheesy/corny do I write?

From a scale of 1 to 10, how GAY do I write?

I need your opinions on the matter. I can't write angst and smut btw, I'm not good at writing those.

And if you're wondering.... This is what Simon looks like.

 This is what Simon looks like