Flowers (Practice Writing)

Tom was just there sitting outside in the porch humming a small tune.
In his hand held a small blue flower.
He held it close to him.
Why was this flower significant? Well, just the other day, his secret admirer gave it to him outside his bedroom. He didn't even know he had one.

He thought it was sweet of them; whoever did it anyway.

That was his first gift.

A blue flower.

Tord, who so happens to see To, fiddling with a blue flower, sits beside the Brit looking at the object curiously.
"Hey, What's that about?" Tord said, gesturing at the flower.

"Nothing much really." Tom replied, not bothering to face him. He wasn't going to tell him about his secret admirer.

"Soo.... You just.... Like it?"

"Yeah. I do."

Tord nodded. He seemed satisfied and relieved. Tom wondered.
Soon, the two of them were called in for dinner by Edd.

"We better head in." Tord stood up first and held out his hand for Tom to take, in which Tom did. The two of them trudged into the house and into the kitchen where they chattered during dinner.
Tom kept quiet though, as he was too busy thinking about his secret admire.

Dinner was soon over. Everyone except Edd was heading back to their separate rooms to get ready for the night's rest. Edd stayed by to tidy things up a bit before bed.

In Tom's room, there he sat; still the flower was held. He didn't seem like letting it go, but he did.
Tom placed the flower in a vase he found during the day and filled it with water.

The first gift he got from his admire.

He smiled.

A soft yawn emitted from him as he crawled into bed and let the tiredness consume him.

The next day came rolling around.
Tom woke up to another normal day.
He sort of missed the times they went out, but he knew that everyone else preferred staying at home for the meantime.

He stood up and stretched before reaching the doorknob and turning it.
But just as he was about to step out, he spotted another flowers outside his bedroom. Again.
Tom picked it up gently and caressed the petals with his fingers. It was a red flower this time. The petals fading slightly to a shade of white creating some sort of pink.

Tom found it sweet (again) and placed the flower in the vase. Second gift from his secret admire.
Was it though?
Who knows, random flowers were left in front of his door intentionally for him...

He though it was best not to think of it.

As he reached the bottom of the stairs, he was greeted by Tord. He looked tired. As soon as Gord saw him, though, his face lit up and his mood brightened.
Tom was confused, but paid no attention to it. Maybe it was some kind of 'good morning' gesture.

"Morning Tord." Tom greeted the other man to which he received a grunt as a response. Okay.

"Morning Edd, Matt." His gaze landed on two familiar individuals standing in the kitchen; Matt and Edd were cooking. Together. How cute!

The two of them turned to face Tom and smiled. "Good morning to you too." Matt greeted.

"Guess what?" Tom walked up to a table and sat down on one of the chairs. "I got another flower."
Tord flinched at that, but barely anyone was able to notice.
Matt and Edd however, were teasing Tom.
"Oooo~ I wonder who it's from?" Edd poked Tom's cheek. It was swatted away as a response.

"Stop it, I just got one today and the day before."

"That might turn into something bigger."

"Maybe."

A few weeks had passed. Tom was still receiving flowers from an anonymous admire and it was beginning to make him curious. Who was this person? Would they like him? Would he like them?
So far, the flowers he had been receiving consisted of Blue, Red and Purple flowers of different kinds. Again, To thought it was a sweet gesture and placed it in his vase that was now filled with a bouquet.

He stared at the flowers on his desk. They were very pretty.

"I wonder..."

He also found Tord strange throughout those weeks. His personality would show off some aura depending on the mood. Like, how Tom would just stand beside him and he'd look like a mess, he'd chuckle at joke Tom made, always seemed concerned.

He wasn't oblivious, he knew who it was, but he had doubts.

So today, he was going to find out.

Reaching into his pocket, he placed a small portable camera outside by his bedroom door and made sure it remained hidden from sight. Then, he told everyone at the house that he would be leaving and not coming back for a few hours.

Tord took this as an opportunity.

Time skipped by, the end of the day was near. After he had arrived at home, Tom went onto his bed with the camera in his hand. Looking through the files, he opened the recent video.

There Tord stood just outside his doorway, nervous as hell. He knelt down and placed a small bouquet outside his bedroom and walked away.

The next day, Tord awoke feeling proud of his accomplishments. (Like the flowers) He had been giving Tom the flowers as the secret admirer without Tom knowing. Little did he know, Tom found out.
As he was about to get up, a knock could be heard from his door.

'Who could it be?' He wondered.

He opened the door to be greeted by Tom standing there.
Tom smiled. "Good morning Tord."

"Morning... What did you need....?" He asked.

"Oh nothing..." Tom giggled. "Just wanted to give you these."
He revealed a bouquet of red roses and presented them in from of Tord before he could even ask what.
Tord looked surprised.

It's not everyday you get flowers the moment you wake up.

It's not even Valentines.

"W-wow... Thanks...??" Tord held the bouquet in confusion.

"See ya at breakfast!" Tom waved. "Oh- and, thanks for the flowers."