"Look at mY sON-!"

An AU I thought of...

-Tord-

"Shhh... Hey... It's alright..." I cradled a child in my arms as he continually cried. His tears tailing down his face as soft sobs escaped his mouth. He looked fragile... Frail ...

"Thomas... It's okay... You'll wake Edd and Matt up..." I sighed while bouncing the eyeless child up and down in an attempt to quiet his cries. It slightly worked; his crying died down to sniffles and whimpering.

I thought of ways to get him to sleep.

The night was late; the street had become quiet except for the crickets cricketing outside and the occasional horns from cars that passed by outside the block.
The stars lit up the sky creating a scene like no other; the moon wasn't shining very bright.

Tom had woken up in the middle of it all and started to cry for some sort of comfort. I heard his cries from across the hallway and trudged towards his room which led to where I was; cradling Tom to quiet him.

I thought of singing a tune to help. Infants usually stop once sung to, right? I started humming a tune that I once knew back then; it was quite old, but precious for it was sung to me by my mother when I was a child. The song helped me through most nights when I couldn't sleep.
I took a deep breath and sang.

"Edelweiss, Edelweiss,
Every morning you greet me.

Small and white, clear and bright,
You look happy to meet me."

He babbled before quieting down. His face no longer expressing the emotion of fear.
I smiled.

"Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow;
Bloom and grow forever.

Edelweiss, Edelweiss,
Bless my homeland forever..."

As soon as the song ended, his soft snores were the only sounds filling the quiet room. He held Tomee bear close to him as he slept peacefully.
I ran my hand through his hair trailing down to caress the side of his face. He squirmed slightly, but relaxed afterwards. The song had helped him sleep better.

I still wore the smile I had since earlier while looking at him dream. His soft brown hair and baby smooth tan skin that glowed under the stars light, his light breathing while soft snores escaped, his small body... It somehow made me wonder why anyone would want to abandon this child. It's such a shame and such a sad fact.

I started to recall the time I first found him.

It was a rainy night. Cliché, I know.

Walking down the street and passing by an alleyway, I heard faint cries emit from the darkness. Curious, I slowly walked into the alley, holding my crimson red umbrella over my head, listening to the sound as a way to locate the source. Soon, I came across a small box placed to the side and guessed that to be the source. Turns out I was right.

Inside the tattered box was a small boy wrapped in a torm blanket holding a stuffed bear; an infant that looked to be around a few months old, soaked and cold out in the rain by a dark alleyway. Abandoned by his own parents.

My heart sank.

The boy continued to cry while it longed for his parents warm embrace, unaware that he was left to rot.

In pity, I took him. I grabbed the small boy and cradled him in my arms with difficulty since I was still holding the umbrella, but managed to do so anyway.

He felt cold.

"Shhh.... You'll be fine... You'll be okay." I tried to soothe him, but it didn't seem to work.