I Am Here

"You hooked us up for an obstacle course?"

"Yep!"

"Edd, this is great! Man, it's been a while since we've left the house."

The four were all seated by the living room.
Edd, as mentioned previously, had signed themselves up for an obstacle course. The course contained the following:
-Rope bridge
-Mud Crawling (In tunnels/pathways that are narrow)
-Net climbing
-Rappelling

Now, Tord was excited for the event because of the last option: rappelling.
He loved rappelling.
Very much.

Matt did not like the idea of 'Mud Crawling' because "It would ruin his beautiful face."

Tom, he was... The only thing he'd probably agree to was the crawling part. The rest, he wasn't going to dare.

You see, each one of the obstacles held the same thing.
Height.

He'd never admit, but he was afraid.

"We'll be leaving by tomorrow. Hope you guys get enough sleep because it's gonna be wild."

The four dispersed from the living room and went their separate ways inside the walls of the house.
Matt and Tom headed towards their rooms, Tord remained on the couch, and Edd in the kitchen.

Tomorrow was going to be wild.
.
.
.
"How long is the rope bridge...?" Tom asked as he looked up at what seemed to be the bridge. It was simply made out of two ropes parallel to each other while a third rope connected the two through some sort of zig-zagged style. One of the parallel ropes were on top and the other on the bottom. A fourth rope hung above it.

"Oh, it's pretty long." Edd replied.

"Just like my di-"

"Tord, shut up."

Matt went on first. Each one of them had a harness incase they'd fall. But even without it, the fall wouldn't really do much damage. It wasn't that high.

Except to Tom. It was high enough.

Matt grabbed on to the two ropes in each side and slowly began to walk across. His legs shook, but other than that, he was doing great.

"You got it Matt!" Edd cheered. "Way to go!"

The next was Edd. He made it through the bridge in a shorter amount of time that Matt's. Tord crossed the bridge swiftly.
He made it look so easy...

... It actually was.

Now came Tom's turn. He shakily climbed up the ladder and grabbed onto both ropes. Swallowing a lump, he wobbled his way across.

He was trying to stay calm. This was the first activity. He would still go through more.

"Halfway there, Tom! You'll be fine!" One of his friends cheered.

Unfortunately, his foot slipped and he lost his balance. Yelping from the sudden slip, he gripped tighter as if it was his only chance of survival.
Numerous "Oh!"s and "ooh"s came from the people there.

This was not fine.

In an attempt to get his footings back onto the rope, he tilted himself and lifter one of his feet followed by the other.
He let in a deep breath, found his balance, and continued on.