Maybe

"I like him... Did you know that?" Tom sat on his bed talking to Tommee bear.

(I forgot the spelling sorry)

He had just gotten into an argument with Tord a few minutes ago. It wasn't an actual argument though; The both of them had been arguing about this topic on a romance novel. About why and what is the reason behind death, love and beauty.

No insults, no yelling, no profanities.

Just disagreement.

It started with Tom reading Romeo and Juliet. Although he's read it repeatedly, he still did not understand why Juliet would die for Romeo.

She had the chance to live, to move on. At least hold the man she loved so dearly in her heart. Instead, she chose death.

Why?

Tom couldn't understand.
"I don't get it. Why would she die?"

"Because she felt a life without love wasn't worth living."

Tom spun around to see Tord leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. He had been observing the Brit as he read the novel. It was clear from his expression that he could not grab the concept.

Tom kept his gaze. "How? She could find another love interest you know. Suicide wasn't necessary."

"There was no other man she could've loved." Tord replied.

"That still doesn't clarify."

"Imagine this." Tord walked over to him. "You have everything you've ever wanted in the entire world. You love it so dearly that you'd cherish all of it. But suddenly, all of it vanishes. Right in front of you. Wouldn't you feel upset?"

Tom nodded. "I would... But I'd find a way to regain or- or build myself back up again. To find other things to strengthen me. It's useless to just mope and sulk."
He crossed his arms.

"Yes, but imagine if Susan disappeared. What would you do?"

The Brit remained silent.

"... I'd-"

"What if Edd and Matt vanished? What would you do?"

No response.

"Tom, not everyone is strong. There are those who depend on something or hold onto someone deeply that it affects them after loss. It's not easy to just get back up again." Tord was now sitting beside him.

Tom pondered for a moment. 'That's true... But...'

"You can't hold onto something forever, Tord. Cherish them, maybe, but clinging onto something? It's unhealthy." He paused. "Your life doesn't always have to depend on someone. You have to move forward. Wouldn't the person you've lost want that? Imagine you died. The person you love decides to murder themselves. You wouldn't want that, would you?" He stood up; his gaze remained on the Norski.

"But I'll think about what you've said..." Just as Tom was about to leave, he faced Tord once more and smiled.
This caught Tord off guard.

"You know, it's kinda nice to just... Talk... Like this... It's a good change..."

Tord stayed silent.
'It is a good change.'

There he was now. Tom sat on his bed staring at his stuffed bear.

"I've been trying to avoid fights... Progress has been going well..."

"..."

"Maybe what he said was right."
Tom flopped onto his bed staring at the ceiling.