Time and Time Again pt. 1

I just thought I'd put my own twist to the oneshot.
But probably not.
Who Knows-

And this time, Simon is both Tom and Tord's biological child

It's another AU- yaayy

"It's nice of you to come visit us today, Edd!"

"Not a problem! We even brought our little ones along, if you don't mind."
Edd chuckled as he looked over his shoulder, seeing his husband struggling to walk to the door with his daughter in between his legs.

Tom smiled.
"It's fine. At least they get to play with them."

"Yeah."

The two "moms" walked into the kitchen as the children ran towards the living room in search for their friends.

"Anyway, how are you two? You had a pretty long vacation. Did the family do well?"
Tom asked his friend as they sat down in one of the chairs.

"It went swell! The vacation really gave us time to relax and enjoy each other's company as a family."
Edd said in a cheery tone.
"Honestly, I never thought Matt could plan all that by himself. He's never really the type to do that.."

"Well, he probably did it to surprise you." Tom stated, leaning his head on his hand.

"Indubitably!" Matt yelled from the other room. He was able to hear their conversation from afar.

Tord later came down to greet the two in the kitchen.
"Hello, old friend! What brings you here?"
He hugged the brunette.

"Hello Tord, just thought we'd visit you and your family."

"Well isn't that nice to hear."

Tom rolled his eyes.
"Come on, hun..."

"What-? I was being genuine!"

The three continued with their chatter, who was then joined by Matt later on.

They talked for about an hour as they caught up in each other's lives: how their family was, what they did, their constant "other" life which shouldn't be mentioned to children *cough*, and embarrassing things the kids had done.

Of course.

The laughter echoed through the house; spilling out memories and moments they went through, accompanied by their children's bickering and playful yelling in the background.

It was going neatly.

.
.
.
.

Until the children went dangerously silent...