Leave

This is part two of "Stay"
Requested by: smileythenightmare
Tom's POV

"Torm."

No response.

"Torm sweety, please... You haven't left your room in weeks..." I called for him worriedly.

I didn't know how it happened, but it just did. After a day from school, he suddenly comes home in a... Concerning manner...

The eyes that used to sparkle would shine no more. His pleasant smile that was worn everyday had been flipped. His cheery personality all of a sudden changed.

What has happened to my boy?

It had been a few years since my husband left. No words were exchanged between us; only glances.

I still haven't moved on.

It hurts.

After all we've been through and he decides to just pack up and leave!

He left me alone.

He left OUR son alone...

It's affected Tor, badly. That's what I'm concerned about. He rarely eats, rarely sleeps, always in his desk doing homework.

He's a sweet kid, but this...?

He shouldn't be...

"Torm T Lawson. You get down here, right now." My voice became stern.

I heard a door creak open and quickly shut followed by footsteps trudging down the stairs as he comes down to face me.

He held this expression I have never seen him hold.

"Torm, come sit down and eat." I pleaded as I motioned for him to sit on one of the dining chairs. He hesitantly sat down and stared at the food on his plate. He did not lift a single muscle.

I sighed.
"Torm, what's wrong?"

Torm looked at me before looking back at his food and pushed it away.
"Sorry mum. I'm not hungry."

"Torm, do not lie. Now, tell me." I was not letting him off easily.

"Nothing is wrong." He lied. I could tell.

"I know when something's wrong, do not force me to pry it out."

"Then don't bother!"

"I am your mother!" I scold him.

"You couldn't even stay ONE DAY with me. What kind of excuse of a mother are you?!"

Ouch.

"That was back then!" I argued.
"I was doing it for your education. Your tuition fee isn't cheap, yet I still work to sustain this family!"

"Family..? Family?! What kind of family is this?!" Torm stood up from his chair; hands slammed in the table.
"Mum, I can hardly call this a family. With you being away almost everyday, with everything going on in school- It just-"
His face partly softens.
"-Dad... He hates us... Doesn't he...?"
Before I knew it, tears began to fall down his face.
"It sucks to see everyone else have a father... Someone they could look up to for protection while I don't..."

"Why did he leave...?"

No.

No.

Not my son too.

"Torm... I- He-..." I couldn't speak. I couldn't think of anything to reassure him. I couldn't give him any promises, I couldn't give him the joy he needed, the support, I couldn't give him the world...
Tears collected at the corners of my eyes.

A moment of silence passed.

Until Torm decided to speak.
"I'm sorry..."

I walked over to him and embraced him. He didn't need to feel the abandonment of his father.

If Tord is out there somewhere, I'd like to say it's your fault our son is like this.

Why did you leave?

Thus, the oneshot ends here.

Lol I'm joking. But seriously tho, the oneshot was supposed to end there.

Timeskip to the next day

I was currently at the store, what was I doing there? I didn't know either, it just made sense to go.

Stupid, right?

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone I thought I'd never see in a long while.
The familiar caramel hair, his tan skin, his sliver eyes, his jawline-

"Tom?"

I've been spotted.

"Tom! Wait!"

I ran. I just ran. I couldn't face him. Not then anyway.

He ran after me. Just great.

The man I fell in love with, the man who left us, was the same man chasing after me.

No- Just- Leave me-

"Thomas, Min kjaerlighet... Please..."

I stopped right on the spot; My breath uneasy from all the running.

(Why are you running- lol ok I'll stop)

I turned around to face him, tears threatening to fall.
"T-Tord..?" I manage to choke out.

"Oh Thomas, it's been ah while."
Tord tried to walk over to me but-

"Don't... Take another step in my direction..."

I start crying. The tears simply flowed out.
He looked at me with a saddened expression while I just stood there choking out sobs.

"Thomas"

I said nothing. I didn't want to say anything.
All of a sudden, I was in his warm embrace. Different emotions rushed trough me making me emotionally unstable.

"Min kjaere..." He cooed.

"I'm sorry for leaving."