Selfish Desires (Finished)

I'm feeling sad.

This has been finalized. If you wish to continue from where you left off, please scroll down until you see the words "This is where I left off." Thank you.

"That is such a wonderful family you a have there!"

"Thank you, Edd, your family is quite nice too."

"You know what Tom, I'm jealous. It's like your family doesn't seem to be bothered at all."

"...

... Yeah... I... I guess that's true..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Another day at work. It wasn't easy, but it was worth it. If they wanted to survive in the world, they had to work.
Look for a job, make money, support your needs!
Life was tough, but who could say it wasn't?

Coming home from his job, he heaved a sigh of relief. Being glad to be finally back after a tiring day to rest and spend time with his family.
He knocked on the door, wondering if anyone would respond. It was rather late when he came home; somewhere around eleven pm going to twelve in the morning.

His job required so much, didn't it?

Opening the front door with his keys, he swiftly pushed it open. No one was able to greet him other than his significant other, who was patiently waiting on the couch. He seemed to be falling asleep, although he did have attempts to keep himself awake.

He laughed at this. It was rather cute.
Going up to his lover, he gently patted his shoulders.

"Morning Commie."

A soft groan emitted from him, his eyes still droopy yet opened slightly to see him home late. Again.
He let out a tired yawn.
"Morning Tommy..."

Tom laughed before placing a quick peck on his forehead. "I'm sorry for coming home
late again, you know how it is."
It was his second night at coming home late. This made Tord wonder what they were doing at his workplace. The job he took was in Music Production, so he never really questioned it. But usually, they let their employees home before seven; he personally knew the manager, and new knew he would never do that to anyone.
That's how Tom even got a job in the first place.

"It's alright, love... I tucked the children into bed..." He yawned.

"Again? That's really sweet of you..." Tom giggled, before planting another peck.
"I'll head up first, I'm going to check on the kids before heading to bed."

Tord nodded. "Alright, sleep well min kjaere..."

"You too."

Tom walked up the stairs to the bedrooms. He walked down the hall, visiting each of the three children who were safely snuggled up under the covers.
He kissed all of them in the forehead, bidding them a soft goodnight before heading into their shared room to sleep.

As he was about to lay down, he remembered everything that had happened.
Everything that he went through earlier.
He had to keep quiet in the meantime.. He had to, for he was...

Now wasn't the time.

He was exhausted.

The next day rolled by. Tom woke up with slight dizziness due to the limited amount of sleep he had, but he needed to be out of bed.
He got up, walking downstairs to see all of the three siblings seated at the table having their breakfast before heading to school.