Don't Kill Please

I'm sure many of you know the date

Sadly, it has to be on my exams.

"ShhhhhhhHHhH-!!!!"

"Jeez Matt, you don't have to shush us that way..."

"Agreed. Kinda sucks."

"Come on Guys! We can't ruin today." Matt whined. Today was a special day. Not for him, not for Tord, not for Tom.

"I know... It's just REALLy difficult to keep quiet with all these stacks of cola." Tom groaned as he placed some on the counter while transferring the others to the fridge. Tord doing the same.
"What is the party gonna be anyway?"

"Cola party!" Matt squealed in excitement. Not because of the beverages, but because of how he knows his dear friend loves cola.

Tord rolled his eyes with a smile.
"Of course... And after the cola party?"

"You'll see." Was all Matt said as he continued to set up the rest of the things needed.

The day passed by pretty quickly. Everyone except for one of them was at the couch, waiting. Waiting for the moment to strike.
Just have to wait for him...

"He's supposed to be here any moment." Matt looked over to his two friends.

The house was decorated in some sort of Coca Cola design/theme. A few gifts placed by the table, and cat decor.
Cola cans in each hand, as they waited for their dear friend, Edd, to arrive.

"What's taking him so long?" Tom wondered. Matt and Tord shrugged.

"I ain't got no clue. But I hope he's alright... Somewhere..." Tord said as he placed his cola on the table.

A few minutes had passed. Still, their friend wasn't home.
"Where could he be??"

The phone rang.

Oh boy.

Matt picked up the phone.
"Hello...?"

"Yes, is this the (--------) district?"

Tom and Tord were listening by as the conversation continued.

"It is... Why...?" Matt questioned.

"Do you know anyone by the name of Edward Gold?"

"Who's calling?"

What came next made him jump.

"It's the UK medical center."

Time Skip

Matt was rushing through the halls with the other two following from behind until they reached a center room.
He wasted no time as he entered.
"Edd!"
There, in the bed, lay their friend. He looked hurt. As if something happened on the way.

"Edd...?" Matt was nervous now. A heart monitor was beeping from beside him as their friend gave them a weak smile.

"Hey guys."

"W-what happened?!" Tom exclaimed. He was shocked to see his friend in that state. Especially in that special day.

"I-..... Fell........... Now......... Sorry....."
Everything sounded muffled. To Tom, it sounded muffled.

"You'll be fine, right?" Tord asked as he stepped closer.

"I will." Edd reassured.

"By the way.... Happy Birthday."

And the line went off...
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Tom...?"

Tom opened his eyes to find himself on the couch.
What had happened...?

"You alright?" Edd asked.

Tom didn't say anything.

Wow.

It was actually a dream.