Anything You Wanna Do

Tis the season to be jolly!
It's that time of the year, and it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

The start of December til the early January.

Winter had come to cover the houses of neighborhoods and buildings of vast cities.
People were wearing clothing like scarves, coats, and gloves to warm them from the cold.

Although the weather may seem quite... Um... Icey, the hearts of the people were filled with warmth as they gathered to celebrate the festive day.

It wasn't exactly Christmas yet, but it was sure getting there.

People simply wanted to gather around for the holidays.

Everyone was enjoying their time; all except one person in particular.

Edd had hosted a house party; inviting some friends they knew since childhood and others they met along the way.
Old and new, they came flooding in.
Some of them brought gifts and greeted each other as they stepped into the well decorated house.

He stood by the doorway, greeting everyone that came inside with a warm smile and a pat in the back.
Matt decided to help with the food.
Turns out he had a secret talent, but never wanted to be the one to cook breakfast in the morning so he played a fool.

Tord helped with most of the decor, especially with the lights.
It was patterned in a unique style. The bulbs hanging from the edge were like no other.
Interesting.

And Tom,

Well...

What else would you expect from him? The person who LEAST favors the holidays.

Yet there they were. The house filled with chatter and laughter.
The fireplace kept the household warm, accompanied by a few heaters.

"You know I hate that holiday, Jon." Tom sighed as he remained lying on his bed in the dark room. Jon sat next to him.
The two had a secret friendship.
Neither Edd nor Eduardo knew about this.

It was probably for the best.

"Well, you'll have to embrace the spirit somehow. It's going to be a shame if you can't celebrate at least part of it."

"I'm not interested." Tom stated. "I'd rather be locked in my room until New year's eve and die, than talk to a bunch of strangers."

Jon rolled his eyes.
"They're our friends, you know. Some of them from Kindergarten and Highschool."

"Oh gosh, no."

The other male let out a chuckle. "Ah-hah, still mad at dear Ben, aren't you, Tommy?"
He giggled to himself.

Tom huffed. "It was his fault! Damn! If only he didn't swallow a mouth-full of shit-"

"May I remind you that you were the one who dared him to eat a mouth-full of cow poo."

"Yeah, cause he was fucked up retarded and proud. Served him right, gave him PTSD. It was worth getting sent to the Principal's office. What SUCKED was being in detention with Tord out of all people."

"They didn't have the guts to suspend you."
Jon laughed. "Seems like you two did something bad at the same time.."

"Hah- really? Wouldn't expect less from him. He and Steven have been running off from school to do whatever. Often dragging Jay along. I'm surprised they even have a job."

"The present shapes people into what they'll be in the future." Jon pauses as he sits indian style on the bed. "You may not see it, but the next time you blink, they've become a totally different person."
He said smiling.