Books

"Guys, Hurry! We're leaving to the store! Come on!" Edd yelled for his friends as he got out to get the car engine running. Tord and Matt hurriedly scurried downstairs and into the car. Edd looked at them before asking, "where's Tom?"
The two looked at each other then looked back at the house. Edd groaned.
"What is taking him so long- Tord, can you fetch him? Please?"

"Why me??"

"Because, Tord." Edd simply answered. Tord grumbled to himself as he entered the house and trudged up to Tom's room.

Inside, Tom was busy reading. a novel. He was so fascinated that he forgot they were supposed to be leaving that instant. Captivated by the story, he flipped through the pages. His mind running wild with such imagination. You've never seen him like this before.

"-Thomas!" Tord barged into the room. Tom, startled by the action, quickly shoved the book under his pillow and glared at Tord. Tord did the same. "We have to leave! Geez."

Tom got out of bed and quickly picked up his bag; following Tord from behind as they ,add their way to the car. Tom sat down at the back beside Tord and was greeted by an angry Edd.
"Tom, what were you doing?"

Tom nervously fiddled with his hoodie string. "I- Sleeping...?"

"Well you should've slept early. Let's go." Edd stated as he started the car.

Once they had arrived at their destination: the mall, they all gathered around the center which some people call "the mini plaza" inside a building.

"Alright." Edd said. "Matt and I will be headed to the third floor to get our supplies. You two can head to wherever. After we're all done, let's meet up here. Got that?"
Tord and Tom nodded.
"Good. We'll meet up later." He waved as he walked off together alongside Matt.
Supposedly, it was just the two of them that would head to the store. But just the other day, Tord and Tom had said they wanted to come along.

Tord looked around before heading off to his destination. I guess you know where.
Tom scanned every store to find what he was looking for. He wanted to tag along to see if he could get another book; one that would interest him because all the books they have at home have already been read more than twice. Even the phone book.

Tom was a busy reader. No one in the household really knew that. Usually, they'd see him reading a book on "How To Be's" or "Basic This-and-That" but never have they seen him reading anything else; Like a novel or teen-fiction.

At last, he found the store he was looking for. Inside, you could see books from top to bottom, shelf upon shelf. There even was a little table for those who would want to read. It was like a library, but smaller and the books were for sale. Well, except when you want to read a book. That part is free.

Tom took a step inside and looked around. This was something. For him anyway.

He began to scan the shelves to see if anything interested him. Any genre would do.
They were many books he found interesting, but he never picked it up.
As he walked, his eye caught sight of a rather old book. No one was going to buy it anytime soon, it seemed.

He gently pulled it out from it's place and looked at the cover. It was old; the cover looked damaged, and the pages were a slight brownish-cream color.
On the front cover, there lay the title: "51 years." (It was supposed to be 51 Reasons.)
Intrigued, he opened the book and began reading. From the first paragraph, to the second chapter and so on, he found it to his liking. He was so caught up with it, he barely noticed the footsteps coming from behind him.