Bundles of Joy (Practice Writing)

Warning: Mpreg

"You're sick, Thomas."

"What...?"

"You've been diagnosed with a disease."
.
.
.
.
.
He stared at the blank wall in front if him. That was all he could do.
What if he never got better?
What if he had to leave Tord behind?
What if the sickness affected the child? What if-

Stop. He should stop right there.

This nonsense should end right there.

He would get better. He'd be sure of it.

The disease would leave. It always would... Right...?

No- No, what if-

"Min kjaere? Are you in here? It's pretty dark."
Then the lights went on. Tom shut his eyes for a moment since he was in the dark for a few hours.

He didn't even realize it was night.

Tom opened his eyes and saw Tord, standing there with a look of concern. Tord walked over to the bed where Tom was and sat beside him.

"How are you?" Tord asked as he placed his hand on Tom's bump. This was soon to be their child.
Unfortunately, a stupid sickness had to come around and ruin everything.

Tom placed his hand over Tord's and smiled. It was rather weak.
"I'm fine..."

"You sure?" Tord asked, feeling the need to just be there for him.

Tom held his hand with his own two hands as a sign of reassurance. He knew Tord was worried; the doctors couldn't find out what it was or what it's cure could be.

But that never meant they should despair.

There was always room for hope.

"I'll be fine. I'm still kickin', and so is the baby." Tom joked around.

Both of them laughed at the joke Ton made. At least, everything was fine.
The room was silent. Tord embracing Tom while he layed on Tord's chest slowly falling asleep. Tord noticed this.
"Hey... I know you're tired, but you haven't eaten dinner."

"Mhm." Tom mumbled out. He fell fast asleep anyway.
Tord decided to sleep with him too.

The next day came rolling by. Tom had difficulty walking around, with the bump and cramps... You know...

Both of them were sitting on the couch in the living room enjoying each other's presence. Tord was drinking a cup of coffee while Tom held his tea cup and took a sip. The television displaying a news reporter about the weather. In a few days, a storm would be hitting their place.

The comforting silence was sadly broken when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Tord stated as he put his coffee on the small table.
Once he opened the door, he was greeted by his two friends: Edward and Matthew.

"Guys! What a surprise to see you here." Tom greeted them and let them in.

Edd gazed around the house. "Where's Tom?"

Hearing his name mentioned, he placed his cup down and greeted them.
"I'm here."
He formed a peace sign and smiled.

"Hey Tom, how are you?" Edd asked as he sat down on one of the sofas.

"Doing fine. Still going strong."

"Are you sure? I've heard about the illness. Matt told me about it after hearing it from Tord so we thought we could come by and help."