C H A P T E R T W O

*pic above is Xavier

Edited**
...

Emily's Pov

Well, I have something to tell you guys.

My parents don't like me. You see, I was their only child and everything was going well. We lived happily no fights, nothing but all that ended when one day my mom wanted another child but she couldn't make anymore so Dad and her decided that they're gonna adopt a child and so my step-sister, Vanessa, came into our family.

At first, everything was okay but then my stepsister got jealous because my mom and dad spend more time with me so she frames me and my parents thought I was the one behaving badly. Then they started to spend more time with her and little by little I became their forgotten daughter.

I didn't want to go to my parent's house but I just wanted to visit them and see if we can sort things out and yall' know I don't want to stay in that house again.

The taxi pulled up at my parent's house and I came out. Taking a deep breath, I rang the doorbell.

After a couple of seconds, the door opened and I was greeted by a maid. "Who are you?" She asked rudely.

"I'm Mr. and Mrs. Jones's daughter" I replied politely.

"Are you kidding me?" She asked and I gave her a confused looked. "Mr. and Mrs. Jones only has one daughter"

So, they've indeed forgotten me.

"Just tell my parents their other daughter is here," I said and she looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"Please stop with your pranks and get the hell out of here!" She shouted rudely at me.

"Who's there?" A masculine voice asked.

"It's-----someone. She claims to be the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jones" she replied.

"Send her in" he commanded and she glared at me before opening the door for me to enter.

"This way," she said and I followed her to the living room.

As I entered the living room, I saw my mom, dad, and stepsister sitting on the couch. All of them looked surprised to see me including my Stepsister.

Looking over to my left, I saw 3 men standing. One looked old like he was in his 40s or 50s. The other one looked younger. He was handsome, muscular, had a strong jawline and green eyes. He looked like he was in his late 20s and has a resemblance to the older man and the other man looked a little older like he was in his 30s. He also wore glasses and had some papers in his hands.

"Please have a seat," the man, who was wearing glasses said and I took a seat.

"First let me introduce myself and these people. My name Ryan Maclin, I'm a lawyer and this is Mr. Andrew Stephano and his son, Xavier Stephano."

I looked at them and gave them a warm smile. The old man, Mr. Andrew, smiled at me but his son gave me a cold glare.

Dang! He could actually kill me with that glare.

"Are you......Emily Jones? The biological daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jones?" The lawyer asked and I nodded.

He let out a sigh of relief and continued. "Well, there is something you need to know."

"Go on." I said and he continued. "Before you Grandfather and Grandmother die, they sign a contract with the Cambel family, that the first daughter of the Jones family will be given to the first son of the Cambel family as wife"