C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N

Edited**

Emily's Pov.

I shot my eyes open, forcing my lazy self to get up from the bed. Last night was a very tough night for me.

Looking to where Xavier sleeps, the bed was empty and I sigh in relief.

I did my morning routine and wore on a hoodie and a track pants before exiting the bathroom. Looking at the time, my eyes widen.

It was 12:35 am in the midday.

I can't believe I slept this late!

I walked out of the bedroom and went straight downstairs. Entering the living room, there sat Xavier, his mom, and his dad.

"You're finally up," Carla said as soon as she saw me.

"Hi" I greeted with a smile on my face. I took a seat on one of the couch before Andrew spoke. "How was your night?"

"It was fine" I replied and averted my eyes from everyone. I stole a glance at Xavier and saw him already looking at me so I quickly averted my eyes from him and felt my cheeks heat up.

"Lunch is ready sir," one of Xavier maid said to him and he nodded before we all went to the lunch table.

We ate holding an uncomfortable conversation.

Later that afternoon, I saw Andrew and Carla with a suitcase in both of their hands. "Where are you guys going?" I asked with a confused expression on my face.

"They're going back home" Xavier popped out of nowhere and answered.

I looked at him then at then and they give me a sheepish smile and suddenly realization hit me.

They put something in the drink they give us, didn't they?

"Say goodbye," Xavier said and Andrew and Carla looked at me with sad eyes.

"I want to see my grandchild by the end of the year!" His dad fakes a cry while Xavier dragged him out.

I couldn't help but laugh at his funny actions.

"Take care of my son," Carla said to me and engulf me in a hug.

"I will" I smiled at her as we pulled away. "Goodbye," I waved off as she walked to the door."Bye sweetheart"

...

[2 days later]

It's been 2 days now since everything went back to normal. Xavier went back to work and I haven't seen him since the day after his parents left.

I was currently sitting with one of my maids in the couch watching 'Hell Kitchen'

I made friends with one of the maids a day ago and found out her name was Carry. She's very shy and doesn't like to speak too much. "Madam, can I go back to work now? I don't want your husband to see me here" she said and I sigh.

"He isn't coming home so you don't have to worry and how many times do I have to tell you to call me Emily?" I asked her and she nodded her head before replying. " I'm sorry"

"It's okay. Now let's watch the movie" I said to her and we turned our focus back to the Tv.

...

Sorry for the very short chapter. I promise the next chapter will be longer.