C H A P T E R E L E V E N

'Sometimes,

I'm afraid to be happy

Because every time I'm happy

Something goes wrong and

hurts me'

~~

Edited**

Xavier's Pov.

"Ouu!! Let's go on that ride" she said while pulling me towards the ride.

"Emily, it's time to go back," I said and she stopped to look at me.

It was at 5 pm in the afternoon.

"Can we go on this one before we leave? I promise this is the last ride!" She begged.

"No, we're leaving now. So let's go" I said and began walking towards the Limo.

Sitting inside, I looked out the window and saw her walking towards the limo.

She opened the door and sat in the opposite seat. She sends me a glare before sticking her head out of the window again.

...

After we came back, we first ate dinner and I took a bath after dinner. I laid in bed while Emily used the bathroom next.

It was at 8 pm.

30 minutes later, she came out in her pajamas and lay in bed beside me, keeping her distance.

2 more days I have in Italy until we return home. Just 2 more days!

I can't wait! She's so annoying at times...

Sighing, I heard light snores coming from behind me. Closing my eyes, I slowly drifted off to sleep.

...

Emily's Pov.

The next day, I did nothing but sat in the hotel the entire day doing........nothing.

What kind of honeymoon is this?

And here is he?

He left since this morning and hasn't returned yet. Don't get me wrong, I don't care about him, I just want him to be back so I can beg him to take me somewhere.

I'm too bored.

But I guess it's too late because it's 9 pm in the night...

Ping!

My notification went off. Switching on my phone, I tapped on the notification and was taken to a picture of Mark and Rena.

Then they were hugging each other and had a bright smile on their faces with the caption 'Hanging out with my baby'

Why is he even tagging me in his posts?

He thinks I'm gonna get jealous? Oh please!

Laughing to myself, I turned my phone off and lay in bed sighing.

I just wanna be home...

...

Xavier's Pov.

It was 12:23 am in the morning when I returned to the hotel. Opening the door I was met with a silent room.

I stripped out of my suit, leaving only my vest and boxer on. I'm very tired after a long day of work.

I walked towards my bed and frowned my brows when I saw Emily shaking uncontrollably.

"Please.....don't hurt me....I'm sorry!" She cried.

"Emily...." I said quietly.

"Please......don't!" She screamed out and I quickly walked towards her.

"Emily, hey wake up" I shook her shoulders but she didn't open her eyes.

Her body was drowned in sweat. "Please....." she said breathing heavily.

"Emily....." I whispered her name and she wrapped her hands around me.

I stiffen suddenly. Sitting there surprised at her sudden action, I didn't push her away, I just sat there comforting her.

"Why? What have I done to deserve this?" She cried. "Why me?"

"Shh! It's okay....I'm here" I cooed at her.

She began to calm down, breathing steady after a few minutes of me comforting her.

I heard light snores coming from her and knew she fell asleep. So gently laying her down, I pulled the duvet over her and lay right beside her.

I lay there and thought about my actions just now. I never in my life thought I would comfort someone. I'm always the cold type of person who doesn't care about anyone else, so why did I do that?

I don't know why but I can't let it happen again...

...

Emily's Pov

The next day, I woke up naturally. Looking around the room, there was no one inside except me.

I let out a huge yarn and took a bath. Wearing sweatpants and a shirt, I ate breakfast and turned on the TV.

Boring...

Scrolling through my news feed, I took a bite of my bacon. I don't know why but I have a feeling that something happened last night.

I was trying to think or remember what happened last night but was left with a blank mind.

The door swung open and in can Xavier. He had a cold expression on his face as he walked past me.

"Morning" I greeted but got no reply from him.

Okay...

Rolling my eyes at his rude behavior, I went to the balcony. Taking in a deep breath, my eyes scanned the beautiful city below me.

It was a magnificent sight!

I watched the little drama that was going around me. Dogs were chasing cats, while children were playing happily amongst themselves. People were running to catch the bus while others were walking along the sidewalks. Teenagers riding their bikes while men were at work and If you listen closely, you could hear the siren of an ambulance speeding by.

The sun was out but wasn't shining that bright, I felt a little chilly when the cool air blew by every once in a while. Birds were put hunting for their mourning breakfast while small bakery shops owner flipped their sign to 'open'. The sound of trains could be heard from miles and the sounds of the traffic could be heard one more.

I stood there wondering....what it's like to live a stress-free life?

Does it exist?

Why does my life have to be this way?

And what I hate about me was that I couldn't be happy. Because every time I do, there's always some shit that ruins that moment.

I'm scared to be happy...

Sighing in frustration, I heard my notification went off. I turned on my phone to see a message from Vanessa.

Vanessa-- I gave you a chance but you ignored it. I'm going in to destroy you now.

Sighing again, I took a seat on one of the chairs and was zoned out thinking 'how the hell am I gonna live a free life without people bothering me?'

I'm sick of it!

...