C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

Edited**

Emily's Pov.

I sat down, eyes fixed on the TV while I ate a bag of chips. Ever since I've moved here, I've been very bored.

I shower, eat breakfast, watch tv, eat lunch, watch tv, eat dinner, use the bathroom, scroll through my news feed, watch TV and go to sleep.

This action repeats every day, over and over and over again.

I was bored to my soul.

And if you're asking where Xavier's at, I have no idea. I haven't seen him in 1 month and I don't care. After that spider incident, he left the next day and hasn't returned since. I asked the maid and she said he's busy which made me happy.

To be honest, I didn't want to see his face.

Looking at my phone time, it was 9:37 pm at night so I turned the TV off and prepared to go to bed.

I usually sleep at ten. I don't like staying up late because it's very hard for me to wake up in the morning.

Laying on the couch that Xavier's told me to sleep on, I cover my body with a blanket and lay there quietly.

Every night before I fell asleep, my mind always wanders off to some sad memory and I hated it. I tried to stop it but it's become a habit.

"Emily! Where is this little bitch?!" Dad yelled from the living room.

I ran and hid under my bed.

Vanessa lied on me again. She told dad I stole his money but I never did. I saw her taking his money and sharing it amongst her friends.

"Emily! You better come out now or you're gonna regret it!" Dad yelled.

I could hear his footsteps getting closer to my room. Closing my eyes, I prayed that he doesn't find me but it was too late.

He turned my door nob and quietly walked into my room. "Emily! Show yourself!" He yelled and I flinch.

I lay still under my bed, hoping he leaves but he stood in front of my bed and then the next thing I saw was his face. His eyes met with mine and he pulls me by my leg from under the bed. "Got you!" He said and grab my hair.

"I didn't take your money dad! I swear!" I said honestly and he looked at me angrily.

"Then who did?" He asked and I started to debate if I should tell him the truth.

If I say that it was Vanessa, he would think that I'm lying and will be the hell out of me and if I don't say a thing, he would think it's me and he'd still beat me. So I don't have a choice.

"It was Vanessa. I saw her sharing your money amongst her frie---"

"How dare you lie on her?!" He slapped me and I held my hands up to my cheek.

"But it's true," I said trying to convince him.

"You're always blaming Vanessa for your bitchy ways! You should admit that it was you!" He yelled in my face and I shudder in fear.

"But...." I whispered as a tear escape mine eyes.

"Shut up!" He said and slapped me again. He grabs me by my hair again and drags me outside.

"What's going on?" Mom asked when she saw dad and me.

"This little bitch of yours stole my money! I need my money now!!!" He said and tighten his hands around my hair.