C H A P T E R F O R T Y-T W O

Edited**

Xavier's Pov.

I was awakened by a phone ring tone. Opening my eyes, my eyes scanned the room, searching for the phone. I grabbed the phone that I spotted on the couch and looked at the screen.

Unknown Caller.

'Who can this be?'

Should I answer or not?

'maybe it's one of her friends' my conscious said to me and I swipe to answer the call.

"Hey, Emily!" A voice said over the phone and I immediately knew who it was. Mark.

"What do you want?" I asked him in a stern voice.

"Oh, M-mr. Stephano....I-I was just c-calling to t-talk to your w-wife" he stammered nervously over the phone.

I listened silently to what he had to say but didn't reply. "Mr. Stephano, A-are you there?" He asked after I remained quiet.

I finally spoke. "Mr. Erin. Is there by any chance that you are bothering my wife?"

"W-what?! No, I-i would n-never do that" he stammered again and I could hear the nervousness in his voice.

"I hope so because I won't hesitate to get rid of anything that's in my or my wife's way," I said---well more like threatened him while looking at Emily who was sleeping peacefully.

"O-okay"

"Anyways, please don't bother ringing my phone this early in the mourning---correction--please don't call 'my' phone again" I lied.

"Your phone? Isn't this Emily's?" He asked confused.

"No, it's mine" I lied...again.

"Oh...I-I'm sorry. I-I thought this w-was her number s-since she's c-changed her number" he apologized and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I-l'll be going n-now" he stammered and I hang up.

Stronzo!

I turned to Emily who's still asleep and pulled her closer to me. "You're mine and mine alone," I said to her even though she's sleeping.

...

Mark's Pov.

Does he think he can keep her forever? Ha! I'll have her in my hands before this week is up and I can assure you that.

Emily is mine. She belongs only to me and no one can take her away not even that asshole Xavier. I'll show him I can get her back. I'll show this entire county that I'm more powerful than him.

He may be powerful but I'm smarter.

"No you ain't," my conscious said and I growl. Shut up!

"Mark~" Rena called and I felt her hands on my arms.

Disgusting!

I pushed her hands away and she looked at me confused. "Are you having a ruff day baby? Do you want me to help you calm your mind?" She asked while running his fingers on my chest and I pushed her away and squirm.

"What's wrong Mark?" She asked trying to touch me.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled and her, her face now carry a shock expression.

"Did I do something wrong?" She asked.

"Let's break up," I said to her and her eyes widen in shock. I had to break up with her so that I can make space for Emily.