Healing 3

Awakening at 9 in the morning, Soonyoung turned on his side while his alarm went off beside the bed. Remaining under the cotton blankets, he extended his arm out from the bundle and took his phone to turn off the blaring alarm, rudely awakening him. Laying on his back as he faced up at the ceiling, he let a deep breath escaped his lips. It was the first day of having Jihoon with him. 

Usually, he doesn't leave his bed early but since Jihoon will be staying with him, he have decided to get up early to make breakfast for himself and the blonde. Finally, gaining the motivation to leave his bed, he have walked out his room. Walking up to Jihoon's room, he lightly knocked but heard no answer from the inside. Opening it quietly, he peeked his head inside, and saw the smaller boy asleep.

Leaving the blonde alone to his own peace, Soonyoung left to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Making waffles, scrambled eggs, and chocolate milk for Jihoon. He spent most of his morning dancing around the kitchen with music softly playing on the stereo connected on his phone through bluetooth, the volume low enough to not wake the blonde upstairs. Humming along to the music he have decided to blast, he drank his warm cup of coffee while nodding along to the rhythm. 

On the other hand, Jihoon have woken up, and heard the muffled music downstairs. Sitting up, he looked around groggily, and remembered the events yesterday. A sigh of relief escaped his lips, and he reached up to touch the collar around his neck. Tugging on the rubber as a habit, his hands fell into his lap and he have looked down at his small, yet long fingers. Flexing his fingers, he decided to stay in bed. 

Throwing on the cotton blankets, a breath of ease escaped his lips. He felt free. Nuzzling his face against the pillow, he clung tightly onto the fabric and faintly sniffed the laundry detergent that seemed to remain. It was relaxing, and he was pleased that he was away from that boring white room. Although, he is living with someone, the sudden emptiness he felt content. He haven't felt this in weeks, or maybe months. 

Either way, Jihoon was thankful to be away from that white room and away from those people. He loved this peacefulness that seemed to awaken alongside with him for the morning. 

Hearing a soft knock from the door, he didn't bother to lift his head but only close his eyes while he clung onto the pillow. Similar to a child with a stuff animal, he buried his face further into the cushion as though he was in his own harmony. The light rays through the golden curtains landed on his form as a faint spotlight, and Soonyoung tilted his head. 

"Jihoon," he calls out with a soft tone and Jihoon didn't budge. He remained still, but he listened to the other without responding. The raven head furrowed his brows, wondering if the other was awake or not. In his own perspective, he only saw the innocence radiating the smaller frame of the blonde, and it was aesthetically pleasing to see the sight of Jihoon in a bundle of cotton blankets with a faint spotlight casting over him. Walking over to the bed, he leaned over to notice Jihoon's breathing pattern.

His relaxed breathing was a little bit heavy in comparison with someone sleeping, and Soonyoung smiled warmly down at the blonde. "Breakfast is ready. You will need to brush your teeth and wash up for today," said the raven head. A sigh escaped Jihoon's lips, however it wasn't heavy with conflict. It was a serene sigh, and Soonyoung patiently waited for the other to shift away and start the day. 

Finally, sitting up, Jihoon looked up at Soonyoung. A pacified gaze met Soonyoung's, and the raven head wasn't unaware with the change within Jihoon. He remembered the other's vacant eyes vividly, however today was much different. Chocolate eyes seemed sweet, and Soonyoung adored the glazed serenity of it. 

"Come on, Jihoon." Soonyoung have moved the blankets away that have clung onto Jihoon like remaining feathers, and finally the shorter have lift himself off the bed. His toes curled into the soft material of the carpet, and Soonyoung have started making his bed beside him, the shorter's eyes following along the raven head's movement. Waiting patiently, Soonyoung finished making the bed, and left the room with Jihoon trailing behind.