Healing 37

"Is he awake, now?"

"I am still here, obviously not."

A annoyed, gruff voice answered back to a familiar female's impatient question. Opening his eyes slowly, he blinked himself back to reality and stilled his own body. Arms wrapped around his knees tightened, and he wished he could sink into the concrete floor. He wished his sleep lasted much longer, dreaming away from reality and maybe his wish of death will be granted. However, throughout the days of starving and lack of water, he can't die easily but slowly he is losing himself. 

It reminded him of the many nights of starving and dying of thirst, however it seems to be silent in his ears. No screams nor pleas filled his ears. 

Thoughtless mind had befriended the silence, and he can only hear himself breathing and if he listened closely, he could hear his own heart thudding softly underneath his flesh and clothing. He hated the fact, he remained alive. However, a curiosity piqued, not recognizing the male's voice but only recognizing the female's. Either way, why should he care? 

Heels clicked away and a ringing silence greeted him, instead. Lifting his head up against the pillow and using bits of strength to sit himself up, he turned his head to see a unfamiliar male's back pressed against the metal bars. Furrowing his brows in mere confusion, he dragged the blanket off his legs and a deep sigh escaped his lips. Usually, he is fed by this hour as sunlight seeped through the small window in his cell, and he noticed the absence of his own breakfast. Not like he was hungry or dreading to fill his empty stomach. 

Shifting quietly as possible, he heaved himself up from the floor. Although, the uncomfortable mattress is there for him to sleep on, he rejected it. It was no difference with the floor, anyway. He wanted to question the male sitting outside his cell, however he couldn't seem to give a care to bother asking. Walking around the stall, similar to an animal bored out of it's mind due to the lack of activity in a small enclosure. Finally, his own shuffled steps took the attention of the stranger, outside. 

"Good morning, Jihoon." said the same gruff voice, however his deep-toned voice giving a blunt tone to his own words. It didn't sound sarcastic nor snappy like before. The blonde stopped in his tracks to look at the other on the other side, a few meters away from the bars as he seemed cautious. Supposedly, he was. No one waited for him to wake up, not even that stupid bitch of a psychiatrist. The stranger glanced over his shoulder and he moved himself to fully face Jihoon, properly. 

Pink, fairly plump lips curved at the corner of his lips as though he holds a smile of mockery. Expression lazy, his eyes hooded and it reminded Jihoon of a fox. A sly creature, and many tricks up his sleeve. However, the stranger didn't seem dangerous or have any intention to play games, he only pushed a bowl of rice past the bars. It surprised Jihoon. 

He hasn't eaten an actual meal aside from the shitty food that the prison provided. Throughout the many days of starving, he didn't think the disgusting 'macaroni' is cooked well or even edible. Although, his own stomach protested, he had adapted to this situation before and he wouldn't mind doing this all over again. Memories replayed in his head, and he blinked back at the actual meal before him. 

He needed to eat, and his own mouth watered by the sight of it. "It is still warm. Someone told me you love rice," shrugged the other and Jihoon suddenly felt the numbness disappear within his heart. An ache replacing the emptiness and he knew who that 'someone' is, as the person he could think of is the only person who knows him well. "Soonyoung..." mumbled the blonde, the name sounding like a curse from his lips however he felt broken by the call of his name. Taking a few hesitant steps forward, he picked up the plastic bowl with the grain. 

Sitting down in front of the unknown, he instantly picked up the plastic spoon and started eating the food in a rush. Although, the food didn't had the most intriguing taste, he never minded it. Soonyoung is correct, however - rice is his favorite. Chewing quickly and stuffing his mouth with more, cleaning the bowl to the last bits and then emptying. Sweetness lingering on his tongue, and he savored the last bite of the rice, the texture soft upon his tongue. The male stared at him, looking rather amused to see the blonde eat so well despite his lack of motivation.