Healing 21

"Hannie, why do people always look at Soonyoung and I weird whenever we are together?"

The question interrupted the comfortable silence between the two, Jihoon casually sitting in a chair as he watched Jeonghan plant a seed into a pot and watering the soil with a cup of water. Jeonghan isn't one to use watering can, admitting that a cup is better for measurement. The older blonde glanced over at the younger with a raised brow, curious on why Jihoon asked such question. 

Usually, the younger kept to himself. Although, the two had their moments of sharing each other's interests, Jeonghan never heard a question from Jihoon. Specifically a controversial question, his question mainly asking why the two weren't accepted in society due to their 'love'. 

Of course, Jeonghan was surprised by the fact that Soonyoung decided to accept his personal feelings. Seungcheol admitting that he may lose his medical license, but the raven-head is stubborn and determined enough to stay in his place. Keeping a composure, a position where he remains by Jihoon's side. Who knows if it is Soonyoung's fueling fear made him admit his feelings for Jihoon. 

Since, the raven-head is gone momentarily due to an 'appointment', Jeonghan is looking after Jihoon. Thus, the younger isn't entirely alone. Not like the younger blonde has any problem with Jeonghan, whatsoever. The two are friends, and Jeonghan is glad for that his own self didn't scare Jihoon away. Fortunately for Jeonghan, Jihoon doesn't seem to notice the difference within people's personalities. Jihoon is the type to know someone overtime, than relying on first impression. 

Jeonghan pursed his lips, thinking of a response as he put down the cup, staring into the soil. Thoughtfully, he stared at the moisten soil, his gaze cloudy in his own thoughts. Patiently, Jihoon sat while waiting for the older to respond. "Did you ask Soonyoung?" asked the older, testing the waters on what to say than winging it and saying it as a misunderstanding in Jihoon's perspective. The blonde nodded, "He said they are jealous."

"They are," hums Jeonghan as he sat down on the empty chair across from the younger blonde. Furrowing his brows, the blonde tilted his head in mere confusion. "Why? We don't dress fancy," Jihoon scoffs and Jeonghan quirked a brow, astonished by the response. Supposedly, Jihoon came from a poor household. "Money is not happiness, Jihoon." Jeonghan says softly, the young blonde sighing as he looked down at his hands. His long fingers playing with one another, fidgeting as he slump his shoulders and hang his head low. 

"Do I feel happiness with Soonyoung?" Jihoon asked, a question that Jeonghan could not answer. The older shrugged his shoulders but a small smile plastered on his face, "That depends mainly on you, Jihoon. Do you feel happy with him?"

"I-I don't know. I don't remember what happiness is," Jihoon whispered, sounding betrayed. Jeonghan reached out, patting the younger's shoulder. "Happiness comes in different ways. You either experienced it or not. Maybe, it isn't something you are used to. You may feel it, but you can not exactly define it in your own words yet, nor can you recognize it. It's okay to feel this feeling," Jeonghan assures. His soft-toned words sweet in Jihoon's ears, the chocolates melting by each word as he only nodded back in response. 

Glancing up, Jihoon's curious gaze met Jeonghan's warm, round eyes. "What do you feel with Seungcheol-hyung?" questioned the younger, thinking if he heard another perspective, he will have a understanding on what to 'recognize' for. Jeonghan hums, a smile playing on his lips and his warm eyes suddenly ablaze, similar to a campfire. The fire hot enough to radiate a certain hotness, but not large enough to spread and hurt anyone. It was passion. 

Jihoon wondered if that is what he looks like when he talks about Soonyoung. 

Talking about the endless things like Soonyoung's love for Shinee, Soonyoung's stories of being in College's dance club and being the leader, Soonyoung's best friends, Soonyoung's natural voice in singing - Jihoon could rant about Soonyoung. For a listener, he listened closely to the details and easily passed down the information unless the information is private, Jihoon will not tell. However, Jihoon tells the smallest things. It really is a discovery that Jihoon learned to love the smallest of things.