Healing 6

"Do you remember anything from last night?" The question have randomly popped up in his mind and easily passed his lips, surprised by the abrupt question, Soonyoung glanced at the blonde with slight uneasiness. Hopefully, it wasn't a wrong thing to say or ask. In all honesty, Soonyoung doesn't want to deal with another outburst from Jihoon. Not like it annoyed him or he doesn't want to deal with them, but it was those type of situations where the raven-head has no idea what to do. 

He feels helpless, and he always wanted to help people. Although, his passion mainly revolves around the curiosity that flames inside his own chest, he can't help but have a urge to help the ones that do need help. Whether the call for help is voiceless or is voiced, he will help. It was his job, but also his nature to help. 

The blonde didn't seem bothered by the question. In fact, his own behavior remained the same. Reserved and laid-back, but his expression seemed blunt. Empty eyes met the raven-head's, and Soonyoung held his gaze with the other. Helplessly, he stared back. How can he help Jihoon? 

"I blacked out," responded from the blonde and Soonyoung furrowed his brows in mere confusion. The response definitely sparked the raven-head's interest. "You don't remember anything?" Soonyoung questioned, his sudden curiosity taking over. He should be more mindful, especially with Jihoon's short temper. However, the blonde only shook his head with a down cast of his eyes. "When is the food ready?" asked the blonde. 

Putting the cup of chocolate milk in front of Jihoon, the blonde instantly reached out to take a small sip from the cup of sweetness. Licking his lips, he loved the taste of chocolate. It was always sweet and endearing in his tastebuds, he wondered why he never got any type of chocolate when he was staying at the institution. He wished he have. But, of course, they don't care about him. The thought made the sweetness disappear within his tastebuds much faster, and he took another sip to grasp onto the sweetness, once again.

Feeling the curiosity nagging at him, Soonyoung wished to press the other but he maintained his patience. Listening to the silence between the two, the raven-head heard the low rumble from Jihoon's stomach and he felt guilty for oversleeping and forgetting to make lunch for the other. If he didn't sleep and fed Jihoon on time, the other wouldn't be starving. "I am sorry for sleeping and waking up late. But, you could of woken me up when around lunch time." Soonyoung informs the other, glancing at the oven. 

The remaining minutes remained, and honestly it made Soonyoung feel more impatient. Not was he hungry, but he wanted to know more about Jihoon's perspective. Although, the night was a haunting for him, Soonyoung wondered if Jihoon had a conscience during that moment. 

"I didn't want to wake you. You seemed tired..." Jihoon says in a soft tone, and Soonyoung spared a glance towards the blonde. It does seem like Jihoon does care for Soonyoung. Smiling at the blonde, Jihoon looked up to capture the sight of Soonyoung's smile. His cheeks risen and his nose scrunching up, and his eyes seem much smaller than before - Jihoon couldn't help but smile back a little. 

In Jihoon's eyes, he never seen such a addictive smile. 

Parting his lips to respond, Soonyoung slightly jumped at the loud beeping beside him. Lifting himself off the counter, he opened the oven and took a oven mitten to use. Taking the tray, he warned the blonde that the food remains to steaming hot and Jihoon only watched. His stomach grumbling lowly, he wanted to instantly reach out but he decided to wait. 

Patiently, he waited for Soonyoung to put away the oven mitten and take out paper plates. Jihoon watched with a dazed expression, his thoughts clouding his mind. Finally, Soonyoung have put several nuggets on the blonde's plate and the blonde instantly moved his attention on the freshly baked chicken nuggets. Picking up a dinosaur, he took a bite and the warmth of the meat slightly burnt his tongue however he endured it. His hunger finally being satisfied, and Soonyoung watched the blonde start eating faster and more by the minute.