Healing 32

Awakening to the soft humming from a familiar brunette from the bathroom, the raven-head turned on his side, his back aching from the uncomfortable posture on the couch. He let out a dissatisfied sigh as he turned again, staring up at the white ceiling and he wanted to fall back to sleep. It was quite early in the morning and he usually wakes up at 10 then 8, however throughout the night, he seemed to be restlessly begging for sleep. 

He still felt tired.

His anxious mind making him wake up many times in the night, and he couldn't forget the events that happened only last night. Bringing his hands up to his face, he rubbed his face with discontent, another sigh leaving his lips. He needs more sleep. 

Salem meowed at the stranger on the couch, tail flicking as a habit and lifting up a paw to clean his fur. Soonyoung turned to face the feline sitting on the table and the tom stopped grooming his fur, staring back at Soonyoung with its oceanic blue eyes. Reaching out, his finger touched the chin of the feline, the black cat purring back in satisfaction as it started to rub its own face against Soonyoung's finger. A breathless chuckle escaped his lips and Soonyoung moved away to sit up, stretching out his arms. 

Amount of pops filled the room as Soonyoung stood and stretched out his stiff limbs, and Joshua walked out the bathroom with wet hair and towel hanging loosely around his neck. "Good morning, Soonyoung. Did you sleep well?" he asked his guest, walking to the kitchen that is only several steps away from the lounge area. "Couldn't sleep that much..." admitted the raven-head truthfully, and Joshua expected it. The older not surprised by the results as he didn't expect Soonyoung to sleep peacefully after what happened. 

Pouring the brewed coffee into a mug, "How do you like your coffee?" he asked the younger and Soonyoung walked off to the bathroom. "Creamer and spoonful of sugar, thank you!" called out the younger before leaving Joshua alone in the connected kitchen with the lounge area, and made Soonyoung's coffee to his personal wishes. Salem hopped on the counter, begging for attention from his owner and Joshua cooed softly at the feline, petting the cat after placing a chaste kiss on the top of tom's head. 

Sitting on the couch after folding Soonyoung's blanket and tucking away the pillows into a far corner, Joshua sipped his own coffee and Salem sat on his lap while Soonyoung returned. "Joshua... Thank you, by the way." said the younger, picking up the mug and Joshua raised a brow. "Why are you thanking me again?" he asked and Soonyoung blinked back at him after sipping his own bittersweet coffee, "What do you mean? Did I thank you last night?"

As dumb as he sounds, Soonyoung personally doesn't remember. He only recalled the slow hours of getting small amount of sleep before waking up, and facing the darkness with irritation bubbling since it isn't easy to go back to sleep, either. He sighs, only remembering the restless night. The memories of arriving at Joshua's apartment became distant, and he could only worry about Jihoon. 

Jihoon must of been so lonely. 

However, before he could even ask Joshua to stop by at the prison to visit the blonde. He decided to relax a bit before heading off, but also speaking with Joshua heart to heart. Which isn't the type of conversation Soonyoung can bear to go through, however he felt like Joshua is trustworthy enough. 

"Yeah, you did. Once again, you are my friend, Soonyoung. I don't have a lot of friends because I am usually shy, but you are definitely one of my friends. I am here whenever you need anything," Joshua said in a soft tone, the promise lingering in the air for Soonyoung to take and remember. The loyalty of a friend is always so comforting to hear. "Right. Sorry, I don't remember..." chuckled the younger, a sheepish smile painting upon his lips as he sat beside the brunette. His own mug of coffee held in his hands, and he looked down at his occupied hands.