Healing 15

'He is watching television, again.

It stinks, again.'

Jihoon laid on the floor, staring blankly at the screen that filled the dark room with it's own brightness. The couch's shadow is flashing a bright light and Jihoon felt blinded by the bright screen. He remained on the floor, paralyzed. His body feeling numb but he knew minutes before, he felt the aching rush within his body. Soon his broken flesh will form new bruises and the fresh cuts within his back will bleed by the smallest of pressure. 

He couldn't do anything but stare. The familiar smell of the alcohol intoxicating him and he wanted to close his eyes, and fall away into deep slumber. 

"Whore! Where the fuck is the whore?!"

'He is cursing, again.

He is angry, again.'

The dark shadow loomed over his own body and Jihoon didn't know he moved from the couch. Looking up but his gaze only reached above his shins as he had no energy to lift up his head, the numbness feeling as though his own body felt lifeless. Unmovable. His body felt tired, the blood within his veins not circuiting and not providing any mobility whatsoever. 

A jolt of pain brought him back, causing him to yelp in pain and curl up only into a ball as though it is the best defense. "Where is your mother, brat?" the culprit asks and Jihoon did not answer. Even if he knew, he wouldn't say a word. The pressure struck along his fresh cuts on his back, whimpering and clutching onto his arms tightly to bare the pain. "If you don't fucking answer, I will search for your brother, instead."

"Y-You leave him out of this."

Supposedly, it was that anger that built and decided to talk back. Of course, Jihoon is always one to talk back in this household. The man snickered, a sickening grin painted upon the monster's face. No, demon. A demon that feeds on fear and the pain of others, he truly is one to enjoy the suffrage of others. This man that lost his own mind to sorrow suddenly became insane, as his own grieving became nothing but hatred. Unfortunately, Jihoon and his family are the only outlets. 

"What will you do, Jihoon? We remember what happened last week. Chan's flesh is nearly burnt to crisp because of you."

"H-He is your fucking son, you leave him o-"

The foot collided with his jaw, bringing his words to an abrupt stop. Spitting out a amount of blood caused Jihoon to glare back, his anger fueling energy throughout his sore body. "It's your fucking fault that your daughter got killed, do not fucking dare blame your problems on us!" screamed out the restless, his own words laced with hatred and anger but a hint of tiredness. The one abused seeking freedom finally let go of his tongue within this week. 

'I broke a promise with my mother.

I wasn't supposed to say anything.'

Another clash caused Jihoon to gasp out for breath, a painful breath escaping his cut up lips as he was picked up from the floor. Meeting the gaze of the demon's that he dared to call a step-father. Once a father figure, until he lost his own precious to people with hatred and greed. It was a shooting and no one could have known, but Jihoon dared to blame his own step-father whom let the vengeance become insanity. A demon possessing him to call for vengeance, however it had no specific target. 

It only seek for the ones who are close enough to get hurt. 

It's only been months but it felt like years of this constant torture. Jihoon doesn't remember why his own step-father became this until the shattered frames on the floor reminded him, everyday. There is no specific reason why his step-father did it, but only a demon looming over because he grown tired of the sorrow.