Chapter 14

Harry's POV

"So... Did you enjoy the show?" I ask as we stroll down the long hallway.

"Yeah it was nice," she says looking straight ahead.

"I'm glad you liked it," I reply trying to think of something else to say.

Before I can speak she starts to talk again.

"So, how long are you all staying in Los Angeles?"

"We're leaving next week for Chicago," I respond.

"Oh cool. I've never been but I like Oprah so..." she says awkwardly. "Um yeah."

"You could always come with us."

She laughs.

"I'm serious!" I exclaim.

"Whatever," she giggles. "Next week is when school starts anyway."

"What school do you attend?"

"I go to UCLA," she replies.

"What are you studying?"

"Medicine."

"You don't strike me as someone who's interested in that kind of thing."

She stops walking.

"What do I strike you as?" she asks with her eyebrows raised and one hand on her hip.

"Fashion and Design maybe? You should be a model."

She starts to walk again.

"Nah. I'd rather help young girls than make them feel insecure about themselves," she says. "But you have a thing for models from what I can tell."

"No. I don't really like models to be honest," I blurt without thinking.

She looks at me like I have two heads.

"Isn't your girlfriend a model?" she questions.

"We broke up."

"You did?"

"Yeah. Two days ago."

"Oh. Sorry."

"It's okay she was just holding me back anyway."

"Holding you back?"

"Yeah."

"That's what girlfriends are supposed to do. You can't have one if you still want to see other people. That's just not how things work."

"Life has so much more to offer."

"A player's number one line," she snaps.

"You think I'm a player?" I question.

"Yes. I do actually."

"I need to prove you wrong then," I say.

"You don't need to prove anything," she says.

"I actually do. I can't have you running around telling everyone I'm a player."

She walks into the bathroom; I wait for a few minutes before I hear a sink turn on followed by the hand dryer. A few seconds later she's outside wiping her hands on her jeans.

"So as I was saying. I want to prove to you that I am in fact not a player."

"You don't have to prove anything to me," she sighs clearly annoyed.

"I want to."

"And how exactly do you plan to do that?" she says.

For the first time since we met she gives me a smile. I'm shocked for a moment before I get myself back together.