Chapter 16

Robert's POV

I'm put in handcuffs and walked downstairs and through the front entrance. There are tons of people with cameras; and there are screaming girls everywhere. They're all here to catch a glimpse of the biggest douché bag in all of California.

I'm lead into a police car before it drives off. We drive all throughout town before reaching the city jail. I'm escorted out before being put through security and placed in a holding cell.

There are four other men in the cell and as soon as I sit down Harry comes in. I don't look at him. I don't look at the wall. I don't look at anything. Instead, I zone out and sit on the other side of the room. I feel Harry's eyes on my back the whole time.

Time flies by and a few hours later there's a beep at the door and the gate swings open. Brendalyn is standing at the entrance of the cell behind a guard and her eyes scan the cell until they lock with mine.

"Robert!" she gasps rushing over to me ignoring the officer's warnings. Despite my bleeding lip and swollen face she still kisses me gently, avoiding my bruises.

When I don't kiss back she steps away.

"I bailed you out," she says looking a bit embarrassed.

"Thanks," I mumble exiting the cell.

I look back at Harry and his face has bruises and small cuts and his nose has dried blood around it. He stares daggers at me and Bren doesn't even glance back it him.

"Robert, I'm so glad you're okay," she says kissing me again as we make our way out of the building.

I just stand there motionless.

"What's wrong?" she asks.

"Can you just drive me back to the hospital so I can get my car."

"Umm... Okay," she says.

We walk outside to her car and get in before pulling out of the parking lot. She rests her hand on top of mine before I pull back.

"Robert what's wrong?" she questions clearly annoyed.

"Nothing."

"Then why are you acting so different all of a sudden," she whines.

"I'm not," I lie.

There's a brief silence.

"Harry said you hit him first. Is that true?" she asks.

"Yeah," I admit.

"Why?"

"Brendalyn I have a question and you have to be 100% honest with me."

She nods.

I take a deep breath to regain my composure before speaking again.

"Did you have sex with Harry?"

"What?!" she shrieks stomping on the brakes.

The car screeches to a stop in the middle of the road and headlights approach in the rear view mirror.

Fast.

"BREN MOVE THE CAR!" I exclaim as the car get closer and closer.

She swerves off of the road and sound of dirt and gravel crunching underneath her car makes the still air feel less uncomfortable.

She turns to me.

"What the hell Robert?!"

"What do you mean 'What the hell Robert'! I'm not the one who almost got us killed!"

"Why would you ask me something like that?!"

"I want to know! Did you or did you not sleep with Harry?"

"NO! NO! NO!" she screams. "Did he tell you that?!"

"Yes."

"And you believed him?" she questions.

"Well I just thought-"

"Well you just thought what?" she shouts. "That because you said 'no' to me that I probably ran off to go fuck some pop star?"

"You kissed him, though."

"I didn't kiss him! He kissed me!" she yells.

"Oh," I sigh looking out of the window.

"I can't believe he'd say something like that! Who does that?"

"I know he's a dick, right?"

"Exactly! I'm going to confront him," she says.

"No, I think you should distance yourself from him as much as possible," I reply.

"I just can't fathom him saying that!"

"I was shocked. The way that he said it was like you were some type of trophy or something."

"He has no respect for anyone but himself," she grumbles.

"You're right," I agree.

She sighs and takes a deep breath.

"Thanks Robert," she sighs resting her head on my shoulder.

"For what?"

"Defending me," she says yawning.

I wrap my arms around her and gently run my fingers throughout her hair.

"Sorry," I whisper as I inhale the flowery scent of her hair.

"For what?" she asks.

"Not trusting you," I whisper into her hair.

She looks up at me before pecking me twice on the lips.

"It's okay," she whispers back.

"So where do we stand?"

"I don't know," she says. "Where do you want to stand?"

"I want you to be my girlfriend."

"Deal," she says kissing me again.

She lays on my chest again and we stay like this in a comfortable silence.