Chapter 34

Harry's POV

She looks like a goddess.

When she stops in front of the camera and gives it that look everyone goes silent (gif). The only sound is from the applause but other than that nobody dares to even let out a breath. The audience is amazed and I find myself at a loss of words too. My speechlessness is immediately overcome with pride and I stand and cheer louder.

There goes my baby.

She blows a kiss at me and I find myself wondering how I got so lucky. She walks back all too soon and disappears into the fog.

"She did great," Niall says patting me on the back and I find my self not being able to stop smiling.

"I know. She's awesome," I reply when all of the models start to walk out again.

She walks out again with the rest of the models and looks like she's having the time of her life. She'd blend in perfectly with everyone if she wasn't one hundred times as beautiful as all the other girls up there. She prances around on stage with the others in her outfit before they all walk back behind the curtains.

When they go backstage I wait patiently for her to emerge again. She comes out smiling and in the clothes she arrived with.

"Bren, you did so well," Liam gushes wrapping her in a hug.

"Thank you," she says smiling looking even more gorgeous than before.

She hugs each of the boys one by one before she gets to me. I wrap my arms around her waist and congratulate her.

"You did so wonderful tonight. I'm proud of you."

"It was so scary though! It was crazy really. Everything is so chic back there," she says and I just laugh and watch the way her lips move when she speaks.

She's so cute.

Bren's POV

"Are you even listening to me?" I ask when I notice that Harry is basically just staring blankly at me.

He snaps back to reality and nods.

"Tell me one thing I've said in the last few minutes," I say narrowing my eyes at him.

"Bren!" the girl who's name I now know as Paulette call interrupting my interrogation with Harry.

"Yeah?" I reply turning towards her.

"My director wants to talk with you," she says and I feel my heart drop.

Crap, I thought I did okay. The boys are such liars. The whole lot of them.

"Um okay," I reply following her backstage again.

We pass so many people putting things back in order and packing up all of the clothes until we reach a man standing with a clipboard. He looks me up and down and closes his eyes as if he's having a vision before reaching for my hand. I give him my hand and he kisses it before smiling up at me.

"You did just fabulous darling!" he says and I feel my fears dissolve.

"I did?"

"Yes," he exclaims. "You did better than Caroline would've done herself."

All I did was walk but okay.

"Thank you?" I reply.

"You're a very beautiful girl and you sure know how to work it. Are you sure this is your first time?" he asks and I nod. "Well with some practice you could be up there with the best."

"I'm not into modeling if that's what you're proposing," I tell him honestly and he nods.

"I understand but I'd hate to see a face like yours go to waste. You could be something huge," he says examining my features again.

"Thanks but I'm fine," I tell him and he simply shakes his head as if that's the most absurd idea he's ever heard.

"Can you act?" he asks.

"I guess," I reply and he claps his hands together.

"Great! I'm going to use the shots from here to get you a small speaking part in a new movie," he says. "If it goes well then you'll be flying out to Los Angeles in about a few days. Is it a deal?"

"Um..."