Chapter 21

Bren's POV

Kayleen picks me up and I tell her about Robert, Eve, Emma, and Angela.

"SHE'S SUCH A BITCH! I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE WAS ABOUT TO SLEEP WITH MY BOYFRIEND FOR DRUGS!" I shout.

"I know right. That's so mean of her I can't believe she'd do that!"

"-AND HIM! HE BARELY EVEN PUT UP A FIGHT AND HE'S THE ONE WHO WAS TALKING ALL THAT CELIBATE SHIT!"

"I know he's wrong for that," she agrees as we drive through the empty streets.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE HE EVEN SELLS DRUGS! I DON'T GET IT! HE HAS ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD AND HE SELLS DRUGS?!"

"Well you know rich kids," she says.

"-AND HE HAD THE NERVE TO COME INTO MY HOUSE AND TRY TO APOLOGIZE! HE'S NOT SORRY! HE'S ONLY SORRY HE GOT CAUGHT!" I exclaim.

"I know Bren, I know," she says rubbing my back.

I take a deep breath.

"I'm taking you to a party," she says interrupting the still air.

"Why?"

"Where else are we going to go? It's late and you don't want to go home and I sure as hell don't want to go home to my crack head of a roommate. All of my stuff is probably gone by now," she says attempting to lighten up the mood.

I force a smile.

"You need to get your mind off of all of them."

"I know."

"Here take this," she says handing me a pill.

"What is this?"

"It's a LSD capsule."

"I don't do drugs."

"It'll get you back in the party mood," she says and I give her a look.

"I looked it up on Wikipedia! It's completely safe," she says.

"Thanks," I say dry swallowing the pill.

It immediately sets in as we park in front of a fraternity house.

"How do you feel?"

"Dizzy."

"Don't worry it'll pass."

"I'm ready," I sigh getting out of the car.

Kayleen and I hang out on the sofa with some guys and I swear I see familiar green eyes meet mine from the other side of the room.

"I'm seeing things," I whisper to Kayleen.

The guy (Adam I think) who's lap I'm sitting on overhears and gives me a smile.

"Want a drag?" he says holding a cigarette looking thing between his fingers.

It goes completely against my better judgement but I find the LSD talking for me.

"Sure," I say putting the lit joint between my lips before inhaling.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Harry's POV

I get a call from Brendalyn's friend, Emma, when I'm on my way back to the hotel. I answer it as soon as I see the number.

'Hello?'

'Harry, Brendalyn is a mess,' she says not bothering to greet me.

'What?'

'She's drunk. She's driving. She's sad. She's angry. She's a mess. Get it?'

'Where is she?'

'Robert said she's probably with this girl named Kayleen at a frat party,' she says. 'You need to go get her.'