𝕘𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕓𝕪𝕖 𝟚𝟘𝟙𝟟 | 𝟙

^ Outfit she arrived in

It was the 2017 MAMA Awards in Hong Kong, and Jui had been given the opportunity to perform a solo song. The company had wanted Jui to perform 'Mind Your Own Business', Jui's latest song, but Jui persuaded them to let her also perform a song she had worked on that would be put on Jui's first album if people liked it, 'Stay With Me' with Chanyeol instead. She had told the company it was because it was a song that more suited the award show, but there was a different reason. The NCT members knew the real reason, and so did the fans when they watched the performance.

Ever since Jui's debut, she found herself at the centre at the majority of NCT's hate comments because she was the only female in the group with 15 boys, yet SM still classified NCT as a boy group. With her solo debut this year, the hate comments hate tripled and she had wondered if joining the group was a good idea or not. But that wasn't even the worst thing that had happened this year.

She was close friends with Woojin of WANNA ONE, and had been introduced to him through Taemin. She had hung out with him frequentlty in predebut, but once he had debuted, they had to plan hang outs hiding from not just NCTzens but Wannables also. They had been caught by Koreaboo AND Dispatch at the worst moment possible, when they were hugging. This had sparked a dating rumor, and NCTzens were suspicious whether or not it was real, but generally not mad about it. A majority of Wannables were a different story however. They were mad and possessive of Woojin and started shit talking anything she did and accusing her of sleeping with him and seducing him. It even got to the point where she was being sent death threats.

The death threats had been a big player in Jui's decreasing mental health, and it worried NCT and her friends. She couldn't even go outside without being swarmed by the papparazi or verbally abused by WANNA ONE's saesangs. Luckily, however SM actually stepped in to do something (for once :| ) and had let out a statement denying the dating rumours and saying that if anyone didn't believe it, Jui would release a statement herself. What worried fans was that statement didn't come for a whole month, and that Jui wasn't active during on anything during that time minus premotions. The rumours finally ceased, but it left a stain on hers and Woojin's careers.

She had been struggling this year. With the endless promotions for NCT, three solo premotions in a year, writing music for NCT and various other artists, the hate and anti's, and dealing with female problems, it was not an easy year.

As she sat in her dressing room, with only her makeup artist, Jenny and some soft music playing to drown out the distant roaring sounds of the award show.

"Hey sweetie, you're doing to go great. Think of this as a way to top off a year and start anew a better one." Jenny said wiping away a tear that had just fallen.

"Thanks Jenny unnie." Jui said a small smile on her face. Jui's manager Kyungi and Jenny were the only two members of NCT's staff that Jui could deal with and actually treated her properly. And that was something she treasured and even stood up to the head manager when they considered firing Kyunghi.

"Good thing I gave you waterproof mascara, otherwise you'd be crying of your makeup." Jenny joked earning a small giggle from Jui.

"It's almost time for me to perform." Jui said checking her phone on the vanity.

"Have you told the boys you were performing?" Jenny asked.

"No. I told them I needed to talk to you and use the washroom." Jui said with a smirk.

"Maybe it's good we got the company to change your song. Otherwise they wouldn't have been happy with the choreo because they choreographers probably would have made you grind on the floor again." Jenny said with smirk.

"And we all know how well that ended." Jui said with a sigh going to facepalm but then remembering half way that she would ruin her makeup.

"Annnnndddd DONE!!! No go show the world that you aren't just a rapper and dancer and a pretty face!" Jenny said picking Jui up and shooing her out of the room.

"Thank you unnie!!" Jui said smiling brightly.

"You've cleaned up nicely." A voice said.

"Oh hi Chanyeol oppa. You ready for our performance?" Jui said smiling and huging the taller male.

"Yup. NCT still doesn't know about this right?" Chanyeol said as they walked towards the main backstage prep area to get their mics on.

"Nope. But I hope they will like it. As well as all of artist, fans, and non-fans." Jui said.

"They might have something to say about your dress though." Chanyeol said raising his eyebrow.

"Oh shut up-"

"Jui! On stage NOW!"

"Fighting!"

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

A double update for you guys to end the year! Part 2 will be posted at 23:00!

Have a great new year guys! Best of luck and love!

Dark_Flowers16