𝕦𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕪

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH JUI

As of today, July 17 2020, NCT Jui's future has still not be clarified

As of today, July 17 2020, NCT Jui's future has still not be clarified. We've had 3 NCT comebacks without her and two solo albums indefinitely setback.

The general public has seemed to now have gotten used to the fact that Yeri and Jui are a couple, and will remain a couple. The recent Heartbreaker fully featured Jui, though leaked emails and messages noted that it was JYP, PLEDIS, Jellyfish, and YG (the other four companies that represent the non-SM members of Heartbreaker) that pushed for a OT9 comeback.

Back when the whole mess started, Jui was spotted a few times in and out of the SM building, quickly "graduted" from NCT DREAM early, and soon after took to Europe with Yeri and her manager. Due to COVID-19, their trip was cut short and radio silence followed. More emails and messages leaked that SM was forcing her to be completely absent from everything. Fans responded by charting Jui's previous solo music and flooding Twitter with the hashtags #BringJuiBack and #BringBackJui. Jui then started to appear in VLives, popping in for a few minutes at a time. Her YouTube Channel, which she hadn't posted to since early 2019, became active again. She is yet to start interacting on Instagram yet, besides wishing friends happy birthday and promoting NCT127 and NCT DREAM's comebacks (without her).

When the new plan for a fixed rotational DREAM Unit, and the return of NCT Mark, fans were hoping that Jui would come back as well. However no comments were made and fans still don't have answers. Even after a version of NCT127's Kick It with Jui was released on her YouTube channel, only to be mysteriously deleted 48 minutes later, SM is ignoring comments and not allowing other NCT members to talk about it.

Now with the issues surrounding MZMC and SM, Jui's name is being pulled in. While MZMC is trying to copyright claim songs he produced that are sung by SM artists. Many notable songs are in the list, including Taemin's MOVE and EXO's Love Me Right, Tempo, Love Shot, Kokobop, and The Eve. NCT's songs are also under that. Now how that ties into Jui is that she is a lyricist. Under the name J12, she has written a huge chunk of SM's music as well as for other artists. If you want to see the sheer size of how many songs she's written and contributed to, check out her wikipedia page (or the chapter i wrote for some of the songs). On MZMC's list, a lot of them are songs Jui's solely written or contributed to.

These include:

- The 7th Sense (NCT)
- Another World (NCT)
- We Go Up (NCT)
- Knock On (NCT)
- Come Back (NCT)
- Rookie (Red Velvet)
- RBB (Red Velvet)
- Love Shot (EXO)
- Tempo (EXO)
- Kokobop (EXO)
- Starlight (Taeyeon ft. DEAN)
- Fine (Taeyeon)

It's not wrong that Jui is being pulled into this mess, however, fans and seemingly members are worried, since Jui is not apart of the legal dissucions, unlike other lyricists and producers. The fact that SM is making decisions about her own work that could potetionally pull of her main income currently (since she isn't promoting or doing brand deals) worries fans.

This once again has sparked the endless rumours that Jui is going to leave the group. With how SM is treating Jui, it's not surprising if she leaves the company. Many fans have speculated that she might be going to JYP, since they partially manage Heartbreaker. Employees at Big Hit have  let it slip that Jui has been in various meetings at Big Hit, though nothing has been clarified or acknowledged.

Once again, SM is brushing Jui under the rug to appeal to the large homophobic christian community in South Korea, and fans are starting (and preparing) that this might be the end of Jui's career in NCT. For now, stream The Boots by Heartbreaker.