11

When I woke up Mark was not laying next to me, I rolled out of bed and heading downstairs, the fire in the study was still lit.

"You look adorable in my shirt."

I turned around and saw Mark still at the computer desk.

"Did you sleep here?"

"That would mean I slept."

"Mark!"

"I lost the bidding, which means I need to go to the meeting tonight."

"What is your plan if it is a trap?" I walked over to him.

"My plan was to give him the weapon."

"Why didn't James take your bid?"

"Because I am not giving him you."

"Huh?"

"He wants you, He is tired of Stephane and her games. I told him to go to hell and Taylor responded with one of his play toys before he chose Ashley. I tried to offer cash but he wants an innocent." His voice was dry.

"So that poor girl is going to be shipped to James like a piece of meat?"

"No, James will take her out on a date and if he likes her he will ask her to move in. It's all up to her."

"So now what's gonna happen now?"

"Now I have to get ready for this meeting and hope and pray that this is not my last morning alive."

I tried to stop the tears but it was a losing battle.

"Come here, princess." He held his arms open for me.

I walked over to him and fell into his arms.

"I will do everything I can to stay alive, I wish I would have known I was going to meet you. I would have done so much different."

"We need to come up with a plan, we need think of something so if it is a trap you can get out."

"You are not doing anything, I am not having you get involved."

"But Mark."

"No buts, this is all too dangerous and I am not having you get hurt because of my stupidity." He wiped the tears away but more came out.

He lifted me up and we went back upstairs, he laid me down on the bed. He tried to get up but I held onto his shirt.

"Don't leave me, please."

He laid next to me holding me tight, "I am right here princess. I will figure something out, I promise."

I didn't let him go. We stayed like that until Carl came in."

"Sir, you need to get up,"

"Don't you sleep?" I asked.

"I got a few hours, looks like a few hours more than Mark."

"I didn't win the bidding." Mark still had his arms around me laying on the bed.

"Well, then we must keep going."

"I know." He kissed the top of my head then got up. "You need to eat." He pushed some hair from my face.

"I don't want too."

"Well, too bad." He scooped me up taking me downstairs.

"When did this get here?" I looked at all the food that filled the kitchen.

"Left over from the party, everyone gets some."

He put me down in my chair then made a plate for me.