12

"Miss. Amy, this is not part of the plan."

"New plan." I threw on a pair of shoes then grabbed a jacket. "What is that doctors name again? I think it's Flynn, that's what I am going to call him. Carl come on we need to go!"

"Miss. Amy."

"I am not letting Mark die now if I need to go by myself then I will."

"No, let me get my shoes on."

He took forever to get his shoes on, but we finally made it to the car.

"We will have to sneak in the back way, there will be too many police at the front."

"Okay, I will run in."

"No, you will stay in the car."

"No offense Carl but as soon as you go in you will collapse due to the smoke. I will be able to inhale more than you."

"Mark, will not like that."

"Well, it's either he dies or gets mad at me.  I pick the second one."

Carl shook his head, but he had to know I am right, it didn't take long to get to the mall when we pull into the back a couple cars were speeding away.

"That is who Mark had the meeting with, they all got away."

"Can you tell who anyone is?"

"Every single one of them."

"Good, I am going in." I ran out of the car and headed to the door.

I pulled my hoodie over my mouth then ran in.

"Mark!"

No answer, okay think, he said food court.

I ran up the steps heading towards the food, a lot of stores were in flames already.

"Mark!" I screamed again.

Again, no answer.

When I got to the food court I saw table and chair thrown everywhere, I walked to the middle of the court. As soon as I stopped one of the TVs came crashing down a few feet away from me. I uncovered my mouth,

"MARK! PLEASE, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"

*Cough, cough*

I looked the way the cough came from and saw hunks of fallen wall moving on the ground.

"Mark?" I ran over, as I pushed the hunks of the wall away some chipped at my touch, others burned my skin but I kept going. "Mark, please be under here."

"Amy?" His voice was weak.

"MARK!"

I started to throw chucks every which way, I finally uncovered him, his face was covered in blood, his arm looked broken and his shirt was covered in blood. He looks like he belongs in the middle of a crime scene.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He asked trying to sit up, he grabbed his stomach in pain.

"Saving your ass now let's go! I can hear the firefighters, they are coming up this way."

"Amy go, I can't move. They will arrest you and the plan will not work."

"Fuck your plan." I felt the urge to cough but I held in it.

I helped him to his feet.

"I will drag you out of here if I need to now let's go! Carl is outside waiting for us."

He was in no shape to stand but we needed to get out of here.

"Come on!" I draped his arm around my shoulder and pulled him the way we came.