Adjusting to a new life

Jen's POV

"Hey, Jen!" Willow gets in the kitchen half asleep, I make her some tea and waffles. "Hi sweetie, I hope you had a good night, even if Nolan woke up twice...I'm sorry about that tho, we're trying to make him sleep in his room and let's say for now...it's difficult haha"

"No don't worry, I didn't hear him...I guess he's sleeping now" she laughs as I hand her the tea and her waffles and she sits next to me "Exactly, he wakes everybody then falls back asleep, yep... that's my son haha" 

A few minutes later as we finish our breakfast, Brad walks downstairs with Nolan in his arms still sleeping. "He really doesn't want to wake up" he hands me Nolan then kisses me and Willow.

I kiss Nolan a little everywhere to wake him up "Baby, you have to wake up now, you're gonna have your breakfast and we'll go play....wake up pumpkin" He finally starts waking up but doesn't want me to put him in his chair.

"Nols I can't hold you while I make your bottle, do you want to go to Willows?" He looks at me a little confused then realizes that Willow is here with us. "Will?" He looks at her, then me. "Yeah sweetie..." he finally agrees then gets in her arms while I make his breakfast.

"So Willz, you had a great night?" She responds as she plays with Nolan. "Yeah, it was great thanks!" "I thought today we could make you visit the neighborhood and eventually go to the grocery store cause the fridge is pretty empty haha" 

"I'll love to, should I go get ready?" "yep" She runs upstairs to get ready then Brad and I sit on the couch with Nolan running everywhere in the living room. "It's crazy the amount of energy this baby has" I laugh watching him running and falling. "Baby, you're going to hurt yourself don't run!" He stops for a minute, smiles then start running again, this time wanting Brad and I to catch him.

"Dada come!" Brad gets up then takes him before running upstairs "Come on buddy let's get ready!" I laugh watching them then follow them upstairs to get Nolan's clothes ready. 

I get in Willz room, she's wrapping her hair and is ready to go "Hey Willow, do you need anything?" "No, I'm fine Jen thanks!" "Okay then I should go get ready"

I get in the bathroom, but see that Brad is already showering with Nolan "Mama come shower!" "Nols there's not enough place for me..." "Come mama!" "Shhh stop screaming baby, Brad would you get him out so I can get him to dress?" 

He hands me Nolan that I quickly dress then take to Willow so I can get ready. I don't know what to wear so I ask Willow if she would help me choose something "I like that little yellow dress, it'll be really nice on you and it's hot today so definitely the dress" 

I wear it then show it to her "You have really good taste sweetie, we're definitely going to do some shopping together!" I get in the bathroom where Brad is getting ready then put on some light makeup. "You're ready honey?" He hands me my bag then we get downstairs. "Yep, thanks babe let's go" 

I put Nolan in his car seat, we get in the car then leave. Brad then asks Willz what she wants to do. "So Willow what do you want to see first?" "I'll love to see Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, and Hollywood! " "Sure, we can do that"

We get in Beverly Hills, then show her great spots and do some shopping. We take her to a private visit of the Madame Tussaud's museum then the Getty Center.  As we get out of a store, a few paparazzi are catching pictures of us. I look down at Willow who's not really comfortable so I grab her hand while Brad holds Nolan, then we get in the car.

When we get in, she is a little calmer. Brad turns back to check on her. "Are you okay sweetie?" "Yeah, I'm just not used to that." "I know, and I'm sorry you have to go through that because of us."

"Oh no it's okay, I'd rather have that then not being able to see you guys at all...plus I should get used to it if I want to be an actress right?" We both laugh then agree with her. As we leave, Nolan has fallen asleep, then I start thinking of how we shouldn't be forced to go through that even if we chose to be actors. Sometimes I tend to forget how surreal Hollywood life is and how our privacy is disrespected because we chose our job.

 "Oh! I'll love to go to Universal Studios once! We went there when I was ten with mom and dad but it's been such a long time!" I look at Brad then we notice how excited she is about it. "We can do that on the weekend if you want, I'll ask some friends to come with their kids so you don't feel lonely " "Oh cool! Thanks!"

"Baby, I'm kind of hungry can we go eat?" I turn to Willow "Are you hungry Willz? We can go have  lunch at Craig's if you want, do you know there?" "No I don't but I'm really hungry haha" "You'll see they make the best Greek salads after myself of course haha"

I look at Brad, letting him know we made our choice then he sighs "Well Craig's it is, but good luck carrying Nolan in there" I grab his arm laughing "Of course you're carrying your son, my love"

We arrive, then a waiter takes us to our table with a high chair for Nolan which is not really necessary since he's sleeping in his dad's arms. "I hope he eventually gets up so he can use the chair..." "Yeah, he's getting slowly heavier, but is still so cute with his little curly blond hair." We order then talk for a while waiting for the food. "So Willow tell me a little more about the acting thing..." 

"Well let's say I've been wanting to do this for a while, I love theater and acting. At school, I'm in the theater club and let's be honest, uncle Brad and you inspire me every day. I really see myself winning an Oscar and playing in great movies although, I know it's not easy and people have to like your play, but I'm really looking forward to doing it and I thought you guys are the best examples I could have, and an amazing chance to practice a little more" As she speaks Brad and I keep smiling and staring at her, amazed by how passionate she is about being an actress, which reminds me a lot of myself.

"Wow...I don't even know what to say willow, you seem so excited about cinema it's great! It makes me want to help you, even more, to make it through" Brad puts Julian in his chair when he finally wakes up "Yeah it's great Willow, really. I mean if it's really your dream, you definitely should do it...but do you have any school where you want to study acting?"

The waiter brings our food so I start to feed Nolan, as we keep talking. "I was really thinking about Laguardia school of performing arts, dad told me you went there Jen, but since we leave in Pittsburg I can't...I'll probably wait to go to college" "Yeah you can definitely do that, plus now you'll see if this is really what you want, I'll take you on set for my new movie, it's called Benjamin Button, I play with Cate Blanchett"

"Really Cate Blanchett !? I'll love that! Thanks, uncle Brad!" We eat then get to the dessert that Nolan attacks as he is now really well awake"Mama more cake!" "You say please sweetie, and look at your face, oh baby you're a mess" I clean his face while laughing at him. "Please more mama" I give him some of Brad's cake "Hey,  give him yours, not mine" 

"Come on honey, he wants daddy's cake right Nols?" Nolan nods as I give him some more "Of course he's gonna say yes, we're talking about cake here !" Willow and I make fun of Brad as he is complaining. Nolan finishes completely his cake then we pay and get back home.