Willow's sick

"Jen?" Willow gently moves the hair out of my face as I feel myself slowly waking up "There's something wrong."

"What do you mean?"

I force myself awake, scanning her to see if I notice anything unusual.  She looks very tired and pale, but otherwise not too bad.

"I'm bleeding.  A lot."

As she says this, she grips her stomach in pain, leaning over the bed, proving that this clearly isn't good.

"What kind of bleeding?  Is your period just heavier than normal?"

"It's just not my period.  I never have this much pain or blood.  This is something else."

I sit up, gently helping her sit next to me on the bed since she can hardly move from the pain.  She looks scared out of her mind, obviously not having any idea what could be happening.  I want to keep her calm but unless she answers me, I can't do much to help.

"When was your last period?  Sometimes they're just different, especially as a teenager..."

"Jen I know my body.  This is different.  I haven't ever had anything like this..."

She continues to clutch her stomach, thinking about the rest of the question "I was supposed to get it about 3 days ago but didn't.  I just thought it was because of stress at school."

I try not to jump to conclusions, but knowing that her and Julian have had sex before, and what a missed period normally means, it worries me.

"Willow, when was the last time you had sex?"

"I don't know, probably about 3 weeks ago.  It's not like we do anything often..." as she speaks, she gets quiet, realizing the same as me "Wait, you don't think I'm pregnant do you?"

"I don't think you're pregnant, but I do think you could be miscarrying."

She turns even more pale as I mention just the possibility.  Her pain gets worse, causing her to grab the garbage can, vomiting from everything.

"I can't be, I can't lose a baby!  I didn't even know I was pregnant!"

"Willow I know it's hard, but you need to calm down.  I could be wrong, this could be anything."

"But that's the only thing that makes sense!  I can't do this."

I pull her closer to me, resting her head on my shoulder as I grab my phone to text Brad.  He doesn't respond, but a few minutes later he's upstairs ready to help.

"Let's just get her to the ER.  I don't know what it is, but she needs to be checked out." I force myself out of bed, grabbing the first outfit I can find to throw it on while Brad gets the boys ready.

"Jen I'm scared." Willow follows me into where I'm changing "What if I really was pregnant?  I can't handle a baby.  I can hardly watch Nol and Zane..."

"Willow, I need you to calm down.  This could be anything.  We're going to get you checked out and we'll go from there."

I help her get downstairs since the pain has gotten worse and we all pile in the car, secretly hoping that it is just a very bad period. She's quiet the whole way there except for the occasional vomiting from the shock of all this.

As soon as we get to the hospital, Brad drops Willow and I off so we can get checked in before the boys are destroying the waiting room.  I walk her up to the registration desk letting them know everything, and they send us right to triage.

"When did the cramping start?" The nurse has Willow lay down while putting pressure on different parts of her abdomen "On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst, how bad is your pain?"

"My pain is at an 8, and it started about an hour ago.  I had just woken up and felt weird, and before I knew it the cramps were so bad I could hardly move."

"And is it constant or worse at times?"

"It's pretty much constant, it just feels like pressure.  In the car it felt like something popped."

The nurse takes her temperature and blood pressure before asking a few more questions about the pain and everything going on.  She answers them the best she can before turning towards me for help.

"She hasn't had any health issues since she came out here last year.  We just had her at her primary doctor for a physical last month and everything was fine."

"Any chance of pregnancy?"

I look towards Willow, making sure she knows how much this answers can change how they treat her.  She just nods her head.

"Yes, her last period was last month.  She should have been getting this month any day now."

With all that information, they send us into an ER room where Brad is waiting with the boys for us.  Willow lays on the bed with Zane cuddled up to her while Nol walks around interested in everything he can get his hands on.

"Mommy whats this?" He holds up a blood pressure cuff, turning towards us "I play?"

Remembering how delicate they are, and how one little hole can ruin them, I quickly take it from him and hand him my phone.

"Here, you can watch your videos with daddy."

A doctor finally walks in a few minutes later, looking over Willow's chart as she talks to all of us.

"I would like to start off with a pregnancy test just to be safe.  As soon as we have that, we can administer some stronger pain medication and continue with testing."

She also checks around on Willow's abdomen, observing anything making the pain worse, while a nurse gets the blood work ready for the pregnancy test.

"We'll run this and then come back.  You're starting to show more sings of increased blood loss, especially with the low blood pressure and not being able to answer questions as well, so I want to run a blood transfusion to see where that leaves you.  It'll be able to give me some more answers about possible internal bleeding."

Her and the nurse leave, and Willow goes back to resting, handing me Zane since she's tired.  Brad leaves to call Doug and his parents, while I sit there hoping and praying everything works out.

"Jen," She mumbles, reaching for the basin next to her.  I quickly jump up to hold it as she vomits profusely.  My heart aches for her as I hate seeing her in all this pain.  She continues to vomit as I rub her back, not knowing what else to do at this point.  Once she's done, she looks at me in horror.  Not knowing why, I look in the basin.  There's blood.  Lot's of blood.

"You're going to be okay, honey.  I promise."