Girl Talk

"Let's go, Willow!"

She's taking forever to get ready and all I want to do is leave for Court's house to spend the day with my friends.

"I'm coming!" She runs down the steps, practically falling as she reaches the bottom "Okay let's go!"

"Holy hell, how much stuff do you need?" I follow her out towards the car, handing her the keys "You aren't moving in."

"I promised Coco she could borrow some things, she's looking into a new wardrobe."

I'm a little confused, knowing the girl has a closet so full of clothing that she's taken over half of Court's closet, but give up and tell Willow to start driving.

"Are you sure you want me to drive? Last time you yelled at me..."

"Willz you know I love you, but you cannot try to turn down a one way street, even if the place you're trying to go is right there."

"Well what was I supposed to do? I drove past the parking lot!"

"Hey, calm down! You just needed to turn down the next street and turn again into the parking lot. You just can't get all freaked out."

"Okay but don't yell at me this time. I know exactly how to get to Courts."

I laugh as she backs out of the driveway, watching to make sure we'll both live. She does really good the whole way there until we reach Court's street and she almost hits a parked car.

"Willz, just stay closer to the middle when you don't have another car coming towards you."

"It is not my fault these people park in the middle of the road! Entitiled idiots."

"I know they're parked like idiots, but you can't hit a car. Especially a parked one."

We end up in Court's drive way unharmed, and she runs right in up to Coco's room with all the other kids. Court looks over at me like I'm supposed to understand why she's so excited, but I have absolutely no idea.

"Well at least you're here. Did you bring the extra wine?"

"Kinda, all we had was 2 half bottles left over. Brad and I have been drinking  more than usual lately with Willow driving. We come home really needing it."

"I bet." Andrea walks over, taking the bottles I'm holding up "We're dreading the kids driving, it makes me so nervous just thinking about it."

"Julian has been a mess so far," Lisa tries not to laugh, thinking of all the mistakes "I'm convinced he'll never be able to keep a car in one place."

"I'm just glad Coco has a few more years, she's already excited about it though."

"I remember when I tried helping Jimmy's kids learn to drive. After they both ran over the curb, I decided it was best to pay an instructor." Molly shows us pictures of the scraped up cars "I love them to death, but I think they were more nervous driving with the two of us than they were with the instructor."

"She's definitely more nervous with Brad. He has her convinced I'm a terrible driver though," I roll my eyes just thinking about his comments "He's always complaining about my driving."

"Mine just recently started complaining about the way I have his chair facing after cleaning the living room. His freaking chair!" Andrea exclaims, throwing her arms up "He could help clean, but nooo that would be way too much."

"David always helped with the cleaning, but asking him to go to the store if I forgot something and didn't want an assistant helping was like pulling teeth! I finally stopped buying things he liked until he would start helping. It worked until he bought his own shit online..."

I pour us all drinks as they continue to complain, reminding me of how good I have it with Brad, even though he can be a huge asshole too.

"Brad's been pretty good so far, he took the boys to the park the other day so I could nap and shower in peace."

"Yeah, the last time Jimmy did that he wanted another baby. Unfortunately, it worked."

"But you got such a cute baby!" Lisa tries to cheer her up "He looks just like Jimmy."

"He is cute, Nolan asked me the other day why Zane can't be as nice as Billy."

"Yeah he's nice around everyone else, then Jimmy teaches him how to do dumb things and ruins it."

"Men are really good at that, my kids are always learning dumb things from their dad." Andrea has us all laughing as we think of our own stories "Sometimes I think men are only here to drive us crazy."

"Yeah, that seems right. We love them to death, but then we can't stand them."

"We should get away," I suggest, looking around at everyone "We haven't done a girls weekend in at least a year."

"We could do a weekend cruise!" Court gets way too excited thinking of getting away "We all need it."

"That sounds good to me." Lisa quickly agrees "We always talked about that on Friends, now would be the perfect time."

"So let's do it."

Molly and Andrea love the idea as well, crowding around us as we look online at what to do.

"Look, this one is four days, but it leaves from LA and stops in Mexico.  We love Mexico!" I point out way too excitedly "It leaves in two months."

"It looks perfect to me.  Four days is the perfect amount to get away but not miss everyone too much."

Court goes through all the booking information as we pick out everything we want, making sure not to miss out on anything. 

"Four days of unlimited food and drinks, no kids or husbands.  This is exactly why I'm friends with you guys."

Lisa starts looking through pictures right away, deciding we all need matching bathing suits when she sees a picture of a group of women.  It quickly turns into all of us online shopping, finding one that all of us like.

"This is so cute!  And it can cover up all my extra baby fat!" I hold up my phone to show everyone the bikini I found "The design is perfect too."

"What baby fat?  You look the same as you did before kids."

"Yeah, okay.  You keep telling your lies."

"Guys, important question!" Molly gets all our attention "How do we get our husbands to pay for this so we don't have to and can really enjoy it?"

"Easy, we all go home and have really good sex.  That solves everything."

We continue planning everything out as we drink, eventually ending up with a vacation that costs more than we ever expected.

"Well, let's hope they love us."