Oh no

"You don't look good, and you've been resting all day..."

Willow takes one look at me laying on the couch curled up in my blanket with my water and crackers sitting beside me.

"Maybe you should go get checked out, make sure you aren't worse."

"My doctor's office is closed already. Besides, I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow."

Before I get the chance to say anything else, Brad walks in. He notices how bad I look right away and without questioning anything grabs the bags we have packed for the baby's arrival, bringing them downstairs.

"You're going to the hospital."

He doesn't give me much of a choice, threatening to pick me up and carry me if needed when I don't move, and fights me the whole way to the car. I know this is what I need, but I'm still worried since the baby is only due in two more weeks.

My dizziness gets worse throughout the drive to the hospital, leaving me feeling like I can't do anything by the time we get there. I feel so weak and exhausted that I hardly even walk, and let Brad do almost all the talking. He gives them my history and they call my doctor who ends up coming in and admitting me for observation.

"I want to do an ultrasound just to make sure the baby isn't in any distress that the heart monitor doesn't pick up."

I lay there, unable to do too much with all the machines and cords hooked up to me monitoring my every move, hoping for the best.

"What happens if he is in distress? What will you do?"

"Well since his heart rate is still good and Jen's blood pressure isn't too high I'll most likely start inducing labor before either of those get too bad. If either gets too high, I'll have to do a c-section to prevent further issues."

Brad and I stare at that monitor like our lives depend on it. We both want the baby to be perfectly healthy, roaming around his little room, waiting patiently to come out.

"He's seems to be in good shape. Not breech, plenty of fluid to be floating around, and his heart rate is still good. I'm not seeing any arterial damage or suffering either, so for now I'm just going to have you stay on the monitors. After a few hours if you don't get worse we can try the mobile one so you can move around a little, but I want you resting for now. Take a little nap."

Even though I've been sleeping on and off all day, I take her advice. Brad lays in the chair next to me, not leaving my side the whole time as he stares at the monitors, hoping for some form of relief.

When I wake up a few hours later, he's in the exact same spot, not looking away from the monitors. The TV has been on the whole time, and he has his phone with him, but he's chosen to ignore those so he can notice anything, even the slightest change.

"How are you feeling?"

He moves closer, pushing my hair away from my face, leaning in for a kiss.

"You're looking a little better."

"My head finally feels better, I don't feel as dizzy."

The nurse comes in to do another non stress test to check on the baby, and I'm finally given permission to move around a little if I want, even though I don't really feel like doing a whole lot.

"This really sucks. Nolan was so much easier. I wish this was the same."

"Me too. I hate seeing you go through all this. I didn't realize it was this bad until it was too late. I'm just glad Dr. Jones is on top of everything so we know you're in good hands."

"I hope she doesn't have to do a c-section. I really don't want that with having Nols running around and the long recovery."

"That's why they're monitoring you so good. She doesn't want you to need it either. We all just want you and him to be healthy. That's most important."

"Thank you for being here. I really appreciate not having to be alone."

I lean into his warm embrace where I've always felt most comfortable. He wraps his arms tightly around me, causing the baby to kick and reminding me that even though we're going through hell, he's still a fighter.

Brad knows I need the constant reassurance, truly knowing me more than anyone, and pulls me even closer, letting me fall into him for complete relaxation.

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I'm always going to be wherever you need me most."

A few hours later, after a movie and talking to Nolan on the phone since he's up way too late, my doctor comes back in to run more tests and discuss my options now that she has more results.

"For the most part of the night you stayed the same, but the last two times we've run the tests, your results have slowly been worse. Your blood pressure is elevating slightly, but to the point now that we definitely need to take action of some kind."

"So you're going to induce her? Or is there another option."

Dr. Jones goes from looking at the results to me, and I can tell right away what she's about to say. I don't want to think about it, but I want our son to be healthy.

"Right now and induction is the best bet. We can start it now, and go from there, but we need to work fast before there's any further kidney damage in Jen or the baby."

"Okay. Just do whatever needs done. I want him safe."

I try preparing myself for everything I'm about to be told, but truthfully, I'm terrified. Labor is hard enough to begin with, but going through it feeling like I need to progress fast to keep my baby healthy has me thinking it'll be even harder.

"I'll have a nurse in to start soon. We'll keep doing tests to monitor you and the baby, and we'll check you in an hour or two to see how you're progressing."

She walks out shortly after, leaving Brad and I to collect out thoughts on everything that's about to happen.

"Do you think you're ready?"

"Absolutely not."

THE WRITERS:
Hey guys we're so sorry for not updating, we've been a little busy lately, but promise we'll try to update time. We hope you enjoy the story and please comment on whether you like or any proposition you think of!
Love M&S