Going to the Oscars

"Hey, can you zip this?"

I walk out of the closet to see Brad laying on the bed, letting the boys pull his socks on. He motions for me to go over to him, hardly looking up from the boys.

"This is cute, just don't let them near you until we leave."

"Yeah I know. I'm still kinda nervous about the night. I'm always spilling stuff on myself."

"Just as long as you can lift it up to pee easily. We don't want to go through fighting with a dress again every hour."

I go back to the bathroom to wait for Lynn to finish with Willow's makeup so she can start on mine now that Chris is finished with our hair.

Willow is so excited for her first Oscars experience that she's old enough to actually remember.

"So when you win do we get special treatment?"

"Hold up, we have no idea if I'm going to win or not. Let's not jump to conclusions... but yeah I think we go to a special party or something."

"You're going to win. They'd be complete idiots not to pick you." Lynn holds my head still as she works on my never ending makeup "I've seen the other movies. They're good but nothing compared to you or yours."

"You were amazing. It's not really a surprise though, we all knew you would be."

Brad walks in handing me Zane while he works on washing what looks like marker off Nolan's legs. I take a closer look at Zane to see that he has some all over his hands, making me think he's the one that made this mess.

"Zany, did you draw on your brother again?"

"Yeah! He cute."

"You think he's cute with marker all over him?"

He nods his little head, looking me in the eyes with his adorable little face, hoping it helps keep him out of trouble. I pull him closer for a hug, breathing in the sweet scent of his new shampoo as he wraps his tiny arms tightly around my neck.

"Love you, mama. You win!"

"I love you too, baby. You're going to watch mama, right?"

"Yeah! Wif Nols!"

"Yeah, mommy we're going to watch you win!" Nolan joins in, running over to me "And you talk about us?"

"Of course. If I win I'll talk about both of you. I love you both sooooo much!"

Lynn finishes my makeup after they all leave, fixing what the boys messed up when they attacked me, making sure I look perfect to her standards. She moves on to checking on Willow while I go in the closet to find my shoes and check my outfit one last time.

"You really do look amazing," Brad walks in surprising me, wrapping his arms around my body "This dress is so perfect for you. So hard to believe you have two little mutants hiding in you right now and you wouldn't even notice. It's crazy."

"You think it's crazy? Try being the one carrying them around. I'm working on pure adrenaline right now. I'm freaking exhausted, but so excited. I can't wait to see Willow witness everything in person. She's going to love all of it so much."

"I can't wait for her to see you win."

"You guys really need to calm down about that. We have no idea if I'll actually win."

"You will. Don't worry."

We grab Willow from her room before running downstairs for our limo before we're late. Seeing us all dressed up, Sherry makes us pose for pictures before we leave.