Couples Cruise

"Look at all these kids! See, we could have easily brought the boys with if you weren't such a mean mommy."

Brad and I look around the giant ship as people run around us, chasing their children, holding as many drinks as they can, some even stealing good seats already for the sail away festivities.

"And would you like to be that guy standing at the bar ordering milk instead of a beer?"

"You have a good point."

We walk around until we find all our friends since our husbands all decided to crash our girls only vacation, then all make our way over to a seating area near an outside bar.

"This is really nice so far," Molly gazes into the distance as the ship starts moving, "And I don't have anyone climbing around on me yet, that makes it even more enjoyable."

"He's upset we didn't bring the kids with. I'm just happy to get away, even if it didn't go as planned and we have to deal with men all week."

All of us huddle together, watching as our husbands sit around the bar, sipping their drinks, talking about anything related to sports. They don't even acknowledge us as we watch them, making us think maybe it won't be so bad to have them with since we'll still get a break.

"This just means we can actually drink and enjoy ourselves and we have them to care for us instead of one of us having to step up. It's their turn for once."

"Yeah right. We'll be lucky if we don't have to follow them around so they don't manage to get lost on a ship somewhere. They'd be lost without us. That's why they wanted to come with."

"This is supposed to be relaxing for us to be away from the kids, but it's like we just have a new, much more annoying set of kids to take care of." Court looks over as they all start laughing at something, sighing just thinking about how different this is from what we had planned "They're probably even worse than the kids."

"Brad begged me to bring ours with. The only one I would consider is Willow. He keeps calling me mean."

"Is it bad that I don't even miss mine much right now?" Andrea swirls around her wine, enjoying the relaxation "I'm sure I will eventually, but right now I'm just glad they aren't following me."

"I keep worrying I'm going to turn around and find Zane with his hand down his pants... We all need this vacation so bad. Even if we do have to share it now."

Lisa agrees, smirking as she looks behind the rest of us to see all the men walking over, obviously already up to no good and wanting something.

"You smell like beer and scotch," I back away slightly after Brad leans in for a kiss "We've been on this ship two hours and you're already drinking way too much."

"Or you just aren't drinking enough." He holds up my empty wine glass, motioning for the bartender "One more of these and you won't care how I smell."

"When did we turn into the kind of people that get tipsy off of two glasses of wine? This isn't fair."

"I think it just means you're all cheap dates now." David pulls Court onto his lap as we all squeeze on the couch "Nothing wrong with that."

I lean into Brad, admiring the view as I sip on my new glass of wine, taking in all my surroundings. The warm sea breeze, the laughter of my friends and husband, the welcoming atmosphere of the ship... it all makes me excited to be here on this much needed vacation.

Brad's arms wrap around me slightly, pulling me closer as we take a few seconds for ourselves. We lean in to kiss sweetly as everyone around us plans out their night, enjoying the few much needed moments of love we're finally able to enjoy without interruption. The warmth of his lips on mine sends tingles down my spine, just like our first, much awaited kiss, proving our love.