Hawaii pt 4

"Mama!  Up!"

I look around the room to see that Brad has already left for the day, and the only two people around are the boys who have helped themselves to all our snacks. 

"Why didn't you guys tell me you were hungry?"

They both give me blank stares as they reach their hands into the bag of cookies again, getting all the sugar they can out of me for the day.

"What are we doing today?"

"We can eat?" Nolan climbs up next to me "I want lunch."

"You mean you guys aren't full from all the cookies?"

"No mama," Zane nudges his way to my lap, pushing Nolan off "More food."

"Okay well we have to get ready first.  We can't go out in our pajamas or they won't let us in anywhere."

I force them off of me to get dressed, listening to them play as I pick out all our outfits.  They let me dress them easily since they're excited to get out for the day, but don't leave me alone as I try to get myself dressed. 

"Mama, there babies!" Zane runs in pointing to my belly "My sisters!"

"Yeah, they're moving around.  They're excited to see you!"

I place his hand on my belly for a little so he can feel all the movement, but he very quickly loses interest in that and moves on to taking my shirt and running off with it.

"Zane!" I sigh, walking into the bedroom "Mommy needs that!"

"No!  I play."

"Zany mommy needs it so we eat!" Nolan tries to get it from him "Or we starve."

Zane of course doesn't budge, wanting the shirt for whatever weird reason as he continues to grip onto it tightly.

"Well, then I guess only Nols gets ice cream since he's being the good one right now."

I walk back to the dresser to find another shirt, watching him in the corner of my eye as he slowly walks towards me with it.

"Sorry mama." He hands it over as he sulks "We go?"

"Yeah baby, let's go."

I throw the shirt on and grab my purse to follow them out the door.  They know the way by now to our favorite lunch place right down the street, so they lead me there excitedly.

We sit around a table, them having to sit across from me so they can both see me clearly, and I force them to order food that's actually good for them instead of their typical French fries and chips.

"What are we doing after this?  Do you want to go to the playground?  Or the beach?"

They talk to each other for a while, not having any idea what the other is saying before looking back up at me with their very thought out decision.

"Playground then beach."

"Sounds like we're gonna have a fun day.  What if we do something really cool at the beach?"

"What?"

"Maybe you guys can swim with the dolphins!"

They both look at me like I just came up with the craziest idea ever, not seeming interested in the idea at all.

"No mama." Zane rolls his eyes.  Nolan looks across at me excitedly, remembering Brad's idea.

"Can I?!?"

"Of course, we just need to find somewhere safe."

"No, daddy said anywhere." He pleads, looking across at me with his huge, adorable eyes "In the deep ocean."