Better

- Jazmine

"August is safe I know him. You'll be safe on the trip." Tye said and I nodded. Tomorrow was the day I leave with August and his crew and I didn't want to regret it.

I haven't heard from him today and we normally text every day. I'm not stressing it though, maybe he's busy. Rome was supposed to come by here so I could sign some papers before I go on the trip. He should be here any minute.

"Have you packed?"

"Yeah. I'm actually excited. It's sorta like a mini tour."

"Yeah. Be safe okay. Don't be out partying with August and his crew."

"Oh girl I won't. It's only three shows."

"So they'll still try to party in between." There was a knock at the door.

"It's probably Jerome." I said walking to the door. I looked thru the peephole then opened the door.

"Hey come in, how are you?" I Said shaking his hand. He smiled and walked in.

"I'm good and you?" He asked

"I'm good. We can sit and talk over here." I pointed to my dining room table. We took a seat and started talking. He told me why I needed to sign those papers and other things regarding the trip and my pay.

"Well I guess that's all. I know we met the other day but it's nice to actually meet you." He Said smiling and I nodded and smiled.

"Yes it was nice to speak with you as well." I said and he stood up.

"See you in the morning." He Said and I nodded. He left and I locked the door behind him. Jerome was about 6'1 dark skinned, buff with an eye catching smile. I could tell it was hard for him to try an flirt and be professional at the same time. Although he wasn't bad looking, I wasn't really into him.

"Let me go tell August you entertaining other niggas."

"First of all that's his manager so hush. Secondly I'm as single as a dollar bill. So go tell him."

"You know you want August. Don't even stunt." Autumn said

"That is my friend."

"Not for long."

"Dang is it illegal for a man and woman to be friends? I didn't think it was."

"I never said that." Autumn said throwing her hands up in defense. My phone dinged indicating that I had a text.

Daddy Aug- finna stop by. You at home?

I playfully rolled my eyes at the contact name and responded.

Who said you could come over. My man here.

I sent the text and a few minutes later he texted back.

Daddy Aug- o ight.

I'm joking August.

Daddy Aug- nah it's cool ima go home.

Gosh August it was a joke.

Daddy Aug- 👌🏽

I huffed and moved my hair out of my face.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Ima go rest I have a long day tomorrow."

- August

"Jazmine is fine bro where you find her?" Rome said.

"She ain't all that she ight."

"Nigga ight? If you don't call that fine what do you call fine? Shawty real professional and thick in all the right places."