I Aint no singer!

- Jazmine

"August the food is done!" I yelled to him from the kitchen. He came in and sat at the island. I sat his bowl of gumbo in front of him along with a soda.

"Thank you babe." He said.

"You're welcome." I said grabbing a bottle of water and my plate of salad sitting next to him.

"How was your session at the studio this morning?" I said grabbing his hand.

"It was ight. Bow your head." He Said and I bowed my head and closed my eyes.

"Lord we thank you for this meal prepared for us by my baby and if there's anything that may make us sick we ask you to remove it. In Jesus name we pray Amen." He Said and I smiled opening my eyes and lifting my head.

"Amen. You're getting better and better each day baby!" I said smiling and he laughed.

"Ahhhh." He said waving me off. He ate his gumbo and licked his lips.

"Mmm baby this is good." He Said and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said eating my salad.

"What time are you going to your mothers house?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"I don't know. She want us to come over for dinner but you already cooked so I might not go."

"We can still go. Why did she say she wanted us to come over anyway?"

"She said she need to talk to us about something." He said shrugging as he ate.

"What do you think she's going to say?" I asked before sipping my water.

"I don't know Jazmine. We just gon have to wait until tonight and see." He said and I nodded.

"How did your visit with Autumn go?" He asked and sighed.

"It was okay. She looks a lot better. Like a lot better."

"How long has it been since she's been there?"

"One month. I'm proud of her." I Said smiling.

"Have you heard from Tye?" I asked and he nodded.

"He admitted to hitting her but he said he wasn't the one who put her onto drugs." He said and I nodded. My phone started ringing and I answered it.

"Hello?" I said with a mouth full of salad.

"You stay talking with a mouth full." The person said and I immediately recognized the voice.

"Tyron!" I yelled and he laughed.

"I miss you sooo much." I Said sadly

"I miss you too bestfrann. These folks down here don't understand me like you do." He said sighing.

"Same, I wish you could come here." I said sadly.

"Who says I can't?"

"Well I know you have a lot of work...." I Said

"That's way I have employees for. They'll be ight." He said and I smiled

"So you're coming??"

"Yes chile." He said And I smiled.

"Well let me know when you plan on coming. I have so much to tell you!" I said excitedly.

"I bet." He said switching to FaceTime. I smiled and started to cry.

"Girl oh my gosh." He said rolling his eyes.

"I miss you sooo much. A lot has happened and I just really wish you were here." I said and August wiped my face.